Chevy PT Cruiser?

So thats Spanish engine building...Kinda wimpy, innit?

Acceleration is good for an 1.8L Turbo thou. If you're looking for better performance and small engine, take a look at those 1.6L turbo found on minis.

Since a PT Cruiser would be heavier than an Ibiza, the 2.4L turbo 4 is better suited to that car even though it's not as high of an output per liter horsepower-wise. With the 1.8L you'd have to rev it too much to get the performance. It's the same reason why when you're towing stuff, you want a V8 with a lot of torque even though a lot of four-bangers make as much or more horsepower as truck V8s.

That's with forced induction. The Toyota 2zz-ge can make 180hp on a 1.8L engine. One of the few naturally aspired engines that can make 100hp/1L displacement.

I agree with you about Chrysler engineering, I wouldn't buy one simply because of the old issue with the trannys that would destroy them selves with any tire spin.

Use the right fluid and your Mopar tranny will provide decades of loyal service. If they'd only been more clear about the specific fluid needed, many problems could have been avoided. Standard fluid won't cut the mustard.

Use the right fluid and your Mopar tranny will provide decades of loyal service. If they'd only been more clear about the specific fluid needed, many problems could have been avoided. Standard fluid won't cut the mustard.

Yup, the 727 used to be the preferred tranny among drag racers for years and years.

Speaking of Chrysler, do you still have a Neon?

Yeah, I've still got the Neon... it's got 108,000 miles on it now.

I wasn't talking about the 727/torqueflite trannies... I was talking about the ones in the late 1980s and early 1990s that had such a high failure rate. Those required a very specific fluid and most people didn't know that and put in mercron/dexron.

Back