Chicken Shit Catapult Illegal in UK

OMG! I just shot a .50 caliber rifle... holy shit! That was awesome!

Oh, and yes... I hit my target, of course. :evilcool: If you need a target taken out, I'm your girl.
FYI, it was a Barrett. I don't think I've ever shot a rifle so smooth in my life, not that there was anything practical about this rifle at all. WTF would I ever need a .50 caliber rifle for?
The ammunition is the length of a dollar bill...
88ad7758df4c638e

But holy shit! That was awesome! Made me want to go kill some Taliban and free the women in Afghanistan from their oppressors! Fuck yeah!

License? :evilcool:

Peel... this is why you want your government to stay out of your private life. Most laws start with good intentions: to protect the people from themselves. (Abortion activists want to protect the fetus in a woman/private citizen. The Catholic Church would want this protection to go even further - no contraception. Sound familiar?) But the more power you give your government over your life, the less you have left.

License? :evilcool:

Peel... this is why you want your government to stay out of your private life. Most laws start with good intentions: to protect the people from themselves. (Abortion activists want to protect the fetus in a woman/private citizen. The Catholic Church would want this protection to go even further - no contraception. Sound familiar?) But the more power you give your government over your life, the less you have left.

Not tellin' me anything new there. I want the govermnment completely out of my life except in instances of real harm or damage. If no one is harmed -- physically or through theft or fraud -- or no property damaged they need to stay the hell out of everyone's lives.

I have said for many years now that the best way for me to lose my rights is to gleeful celebrate the abrogation of the rights of others.

Not tellin' me anything new there. I want the govermnment completely out of my life except in instances of real harm or damage. If no one is harmed -- physically or through theft or fraud -- or no property damaged they need to stay the hell out of everyone's lives.

I have said for many years now that the best way for me to lose my rights is to gleeful celebrate the abrogation of the rights of others.
And here is where we see eye-to-eye.

If more people would read books about the Constitutional Convention and the history of the United States they would change their viewpoint. This nation was not built to be a Christian Nation. It was not built as Big Brother. The "Founding Fathers" knew that Americans were a different breed of people and could not be forcibly governed in dictatorial fashion. They knew that the government could only function at the blessing of the people.

I feel we have moved away from this because people are sheep and they listen to the spin (from both parties), and they will eagerly give away their freedom for security and protection by their government.

One of my favorite quotes is from Benjamin Franklin, "The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either." (Even though Benjamin Franklin was a racist.)

(How did we get into this conversation????)

Back