Christmas specials

Professur

'Tis the time to be inundated by corney TV. You turn it off. You tell everyone within hearing range about how you hate it. But.

But secretly, you know, in the bowels of your soul, you hunger for it. There's one special, one memory, that you just gotta have. You wait until it's on, and there's noone at home to see you. It's not Christmas until you've had your fix. Well, we know you're out there. And we know you crave it. FESS UP. Admit it. Right here, right now. What's your fix? The little drummer boy? Olive, the other reindeer? Rudolph, Frosty, Scrooge?

I'll admit it. I'm guilty. There's several specials I want to see during Christmas. Bing Crosby's White Christmas. The original Scrooge. But there's one show. One special that I gotta have. I can't christmas shop, can't manage the crowds, can't feel Christmassy until I get it.

You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch
Author: Dr. Seuss
You're a mean one, Mr. Grinch.
You really are a heel.
You're as cuddly as a cactus,
You're as charming as an eel.
Mr. Grinch.

You're a bad banana
With a greasy black peel.

You're a monster, Mr. Grinch.
Your heart's an empty hole.
Your brain is full of spiders,
You've got garlic in your soul.
Mr. Grinch.

I wouldn't touch you, with a
thirty-nine-and-a-half foot pole.

You're a vile one, Mr. Grinch.
You have termites in your smile.
You have all the tender sweetness
Of a seasick crocodile.
Mr. Grinch.

Given the choice between the two of you
I'd take the seasick crockodile.

You're a foul one, Mr. Grinch.
You're a nasty, wasty skunk.
Your heart is full of unwashed socks
Your soul is full of gunk.
Mr. Grinch.

The three words that best describe you,
are, and I quote: "Stink. Stank. Stunk."

You're a rotter, Mr. Grinch.
You're the king of sinful sots.
Your heart's a dead tomato splot
With moldy purple spots,
Mr. Grinch.

Your soul is an apalling dump heap overflowing
with the most disgraceful assortment of deplorable
rubbish imaginable,
Mangled up in tangled up knots.

You nauseate me, Mr. Grinch.
With a nauseaus super-naus.
You're a crooked jerky jockey
And you drive a crooked horse.
Mr. Grinch.

You're a three decker saurkraut and toadstool
sandwich
With arsenic sauce.

I watched the Grinch yesterday. There aren't all that many that I really need to see myself. The original Scrooge is one that I usually watch, Bing Crosby's white christmas as well and Miracle on 34th street as well.

I watched the Grinch yesterday too!!! I like the movie but I LOVE the old cartoon version and that is what was on :D

I also wanna see "Adam Sandler's 8 crazy nights", "Alien's First Christmas", "The Santa Clause" (1 & 2), Rudolph, The original Frosty, and the list goes on :D

Nixy said:
I watched the Grinch yesterday too!!! I like the movie but I LOVE the old cartoon version and that is what was on :D

I also wanna see "Adam Sandler's 8 crazy nights", "Alien's First Christmas", "The Santa Clause" (1 & 2), Rudolph, The original Frosty, and the list goes on :D

Bah. Adam Sandler's 8 Crazy Nights is about Chanukah.
Humbug. The rest pale in comparison to A Charlie Brown Christmas. :D

Gato_Solo said:
Bah. Adam Sandler's 8 Crazy Nights is about Chanukah.
Humbug. The rest pale in comparison to A Charlie Brown Christmas. :D

I still LIKE it, I don't discriminate just cause *I* don't celebrate it. Frosty doesn't really have a whole lot to do with Christmas specifically either...except that Santa shows up to save him...

With the advent of VCRs & DVDs combined with the low-priced media along with Ted Turner, these shows can be seen any time of year & have lost their magic. I agree with Prof. It's part of the Christmas charm, one that has been lost.

Gonz said:
With the advent of VCRs & DVDs combined with the low-priced media along with Ted Turner, these shows can be seen any time of year & have lost their magic. I agree with Prof. It's part of the Christmas charm, one that has been lost.

Not to me, I don't watch them all year round...I watch them before Christmas. Alien's first Christmas I can never seem to find on TV though and our VHS tape is worn out so I need to get a new copy...but I don't watch it other than at Christmas.

A Christmas Story. It ain't the season until I've seen Ralphie shoot his freakin' eye out with the first round out of that Red Rider.

HomeLAN said:
A Christmas Story. It ain't the season until I've seen Ralphie shoot his freakin' eye out with the first round out of that Red Rider.

spit.gif

I still say that quite possibly the most surreal thing I have ever seen was Bing Crosby and David Bowie singing "Little Drummer Boy" together in the early seventies.

How the Grinch Stole Christmas *Own it
Miracle on 24th Street *Now own it thanks to Walmart's get rid of all video-tapes policy
Charlie Brown Christmas - not seen it yet this year :(
Scrooged
Muppet Christmas Carol
Scrooge - with Albert Finney

MrBishop said:
How the Grinch Stole Christmas *Own it
Miracle on 24th Street *Now own it thanks to Walmart's get rid of all video-tapes policy
Charlie Brown Christmas - not seen it yet this year :(
Scrooged
Muppet Christmas Carol
Scrooge - with Albert Finney

Charlie Brown Christmas was on I believe the weekend of the 3rd.
Muppet Christmas Carol played on the 4th.

The Grinch and Frosty were on last night. I got all excited and went to tell the muchkins.

And the kids decided that they didn't want to watch. They saw it last year.

They preferred to watch the Futurama Christmas episode.

That made me cry.

Leslie said:
The Grinch and Frosty were on last night. I got all excited and went to tell the muchkins.

And the kids decided that they didn't want to watch. They saw it last year.

They preferred to watch the Futurama Christmas episode.

That made me cry.

They're old enough to act a little rebellious. Don't worry. They'll get over it when they get to be...say...20. Just don't force them. They're in that 'exploring' stage.

Gato_Solo said:
They're old enough to act a little rebellious. Don't worry. They'll get over it when they get to be...say...20. Just don't force them. They're in that 'exploring' stage.

They SO WILL I am SO into the Christmas shows again now! My roomie and I even have advent calendars!

The Heat Miser Song
by Maury Laws and Jules Bass

[Heat Miser]
I'm Mister Green Christmas
I'm Mister Sun
I'm Mister Heat Blister
I'm Mister Hundred and One
They call me Heat Miser,
What ever I touch
Starts to melt in my clutch
I'm too much!
[Chorus]
He's Mister Green Christmas
He's Mister Sun
He's Mister Heat Blister
He's Mister Hundred and One
[Heat Miser]
They call me Heat Miser,
What ever I touch
[Chorus]
He's too much!
[Heat Miser]
Thank you!
I never want to see a day
That's under sixty degrees
I'd rather have it eighty,
Ninety, one hundred degrees!
(spoken):Oh, some like it hot, but I like it really hot! Hee hee!
[Chorus]
He's Mister Green Christmas
He's Mister Sun
[Heat Miser]
Sing it!
[Chorus]
He's Mister Heat Blister
He's Mister Hundred and One
[Heat Miser]
They call me Heat Miser,
What ever I touch
I'm too much!
[All]
Too Much!

chcr said:
I still say that quite possibly the most surreal thing I have ever seen was Bing Crosby and David Bowie singing "Little Drummer Boy" together in the early seventies.
I've got that on CD. Great, great version. Wish I could have seen it. :cool:

I'll admit to watching It's a Wonderful Life (and crying at the end) whenever I happen upon it. I also wouldn't mind seeing Miracle on 34th Street again. It's been years.

Back