cleaning products you swear by

[Mrs. HomeLAN]Why do you need to upgrade a perfectly working computer? It's the same thing.[/Mrs. HomeLAN]

Love the eraser, love RM's story even more though, will recommend it to my pimple laden 15 year old....

Also use the swiffer, great on ceiling fans, walls, baseboards, all those spots that are a pain to clean otherwise.

Ya know, I don't recall my Dad doing a lot of cleaning when I was a kid, certainly not to the extent that I do. OTOH, I've never swapped a car engine out in the garage, and he was known to do that sort of thing on weekends....

i love my swiffer. i got it as a christmas present...i had asked for it. i love the way the cleaner smells.

Rose said:
That takes permenant marker out of carpet? :|

yup, ask nalani. i felt so bad that my daughter marked up her floor, that i was desperate enough to try the MAGIC ERASER on her carpet!! & it worked!! :headbang:

HomeLAN said:
Ya know, I don't recall my Dad doing a lot of cleaning when I was a kid, certainly not to the extent that I do. OTOH, I've never swapped a car engine out in the garage, and he was known to do that sort of thing on weekends....

I fucked up then, I do both. :shrug: Oh, and the computer needs to be upgraded every few months. :grinyes:

PuterTutor said:
Love the eraser, love RM's story even more though, will recommend it to my pimple laden 15 year old....

Also use the swiffer, great on ceiling fans, walls, baseboards, all those spots that are a pain to clean otherwise.

I found that old 'loner' socks, sprayed with a little windex, work great cleaning fan blades. Swiffer, while nice, is nothing more than more landfill. A good mop lasts a year, and costs less, than continually buying those swiffer sheets.

Good ol' mop.....soap.....hotwater and lotsa elbow grease :D

summit I do rely a lot on is Milton fluid (the stuff yer use to sterilise baby feeding bottles etc)....... sod using stinky bleach, stick a bit of that round the rim of yer bog...works even better.....also brilliant for soaking dishes (especially glassware) that have stubborn stains....leave stained coffee/teacups for an hour and they come out spangly.....use it on the whole bathroom...windows.....worksurfaces the lot :swing:

HomeLAN said:
It's a sign of the times. It was easy to swap engines in 60s- and 70s-model cars. If you tried swapping the engine in your Avenger now, even if you put in everything exactly right it probably wouldn't start. Modern computer-controlled engines are finicky like that.

BeardofPants said:
You freakin' weirdo. :lloyd:

can ye come over and clean my place? Pwetty please? :swing:

Sometimes not often slight OCD tendancies can have their blessings! :D

But BoP seriously.. doesn't make you feel good to really get a nice clean tidy home... one looking like the main article in a HomeDesign mag?

Gato_Solo said:
If you do a good job cleaning, I'll take care of that little moisture 'problem' you're dealing with... :brow:

And which cleaning product or aid would you be using for that Gato? :nuts2:

kuulani said:
eraser_product.jpg

this is mine. i love this thing!! no matter how much times we scold her, my daughter will mark up the walls, draw on nalani's carpet with a permament marker, use a crayon to color on the tv screen, etc ... and this product MAGICALLY erases it all!!

i love it!! :lloyd:

We use these at work on the tables -unbelievable what they can do-they take crayon off the walls without removing any paint....a little hint for those whom have artists in the house,lol.

HomeLAN said:

growing up, my dad did the laundry. i think my mom was a genius, she didn't know how to use a washing machine when they first got married 'cause growing up they did it by hand, so it ended up being my dad's chore :D

Rose said:
Are you the reason why cleaning companies print on their lables to specifically not huse on human beings or animals? :lloyd:

:laugh5: sorry but that was funny.......... :D

Back