Clinton and North Korea

MrBishop

I'd be laughing if it wasn't so sad to see such a low level of politics in action.
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said North Korea should not receive the attention it is seeking through behavior like missile launches and likened Pyongyang's behavior to that of unruly children.

North Korea tested a nuclear device in May and fired seven ballistic missiles earlier this month in defiance of a U.N. resolution.

"What we've seen is this constant demand for attention," Clinton, who is in India, said in an interview that aired on Monday on ABC's "Good Morning America."

"And maybe it's the mother in me or the experience that I've had with small children and unruly teenagers and people who are demanding attention -- don't give it to them, they don't deserve it, they are acting out," she said.

Clinton also downplayed the threat that North Korea poses to the United States, saying: "They don't pose a threat to us. We know that our allies, Japan and South Korea, are very concerned."

Asked to elaborate on her remarks, State Department spokesman P.J. Crowley said North Korea "represents an infinitesimal threat to the United States directly."
Link

BANGKOK, Thailand (CNN) -- North Korea launched a scathing personal attack on U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton on Thursday after she likened the leadership in Pyongyang to "small children and unruly teenagers and people who are demanding attention."

At a meeting of southeast Asian nations in Phuket, Thailand, a North Korean Foreign Ministry spokesman blasted Clinton for what he called a "spate of vulgar remarks unbecoming for her position everywhere she went since she was sworn in," according to the state-run KCNA news agency.

The spokesman called Clinton "by no means intelligent" and a "funny lady."

"Sometimes she looks like a primary schoolgirl and sometimes a pensioner going shopping," the statement said. Read other colorful insults by N. Korea

The verbal tussle between the two countries culminated with the reclusive communist state making it clear that six-party nuclear talks, stalled for over a year, were effectively finished.

CNN Link

Allright... who in his right mind thinks that this is at all funny?

i think it's great. "low level of politics" ha ha ha but not so much, more like telling it like it is.

Korea really isn't a direct threat to us. They might be able to reach some of the edge of Alaska with their missiles. But Japan, South Korea, China... those nations are within range so they have more to worry about, unless the missiles have a much longer range than I've been aware of.

Korea really isn't a direct threat to us. They might be able to reach some of the edge of Alaska with their missiles. But Japan, South Korea, China... those nations are within range so they have more to worry about, unless the missiles have a much longer range than I've been aware of.

:shrug:

Well, you can't seriously be afraid of NK missiles. Not after all the money you guys sank into anti-missile systems. I mean, surely they can't have anything to match what the Russians have .... and you're supposedly able to shoot them down .... aren't you?

At a meeting of southeast Asian nations in Phuket, Thailand, a North Korean Foreign Ministry spokesman blasted Clinton for what he called a "spate of vulgar remarks unbecoming for her position everywhere she went since she was sworn in," according to the state-run KCNA news agency.

The spokesman called Clinton "by no means intelligent" and a "funny lady."

"Sometimes she looks like a primary schoolgirl and sometimes a pensioner going shopping," the statement said.

It’s pretty clear that the N. Korean Ambassador doesn’t admire Mrs. Clinton.

20090723011173mbc.jpg

Well, you can't seriously be afraid of NK missiles. Not after all the money you guys sank into anti-missile systems. I mean, surely they can't have anything to match what the Russians have .... and you're supposedly able to shoot them down .... aren't you?

Just say Nobama

Back