Coldplay?

FluerVanderloo

Never heard of Supergrass actually. Anyone hear of Travis or Badly Drawn Boy? There's another band I like too, Powderfinger, but they're Australian. I saw an ad for them in the Splendour in the Grass Tour 2000.

BeardofPants

tonks said:
yeah, baby....:bong:

oh....did you mean a band? never heard of them...think i'd like it?

Dunno. Were you into the Britpop movement - Oasis, Blur, The Verve, etc? They're kinda cheerful pop - Pumping On Your Stereo was on the Roadtrip soundtrack, I think. And Late in the Day is really good, too.

edit: maybe you've heard of "We Are Young"? We are young... we are pretty....

IDLEchild

It seems I am the only one who is bored as fuck out of listening to Radiohead. I just don't see the magic and its amazing how the ritalin fed youth of America can willingly listen to such stuff.

BeardofPants

Buttcrackdivine said:
It seems I am the only one who is bored as fuck out of listening to Radiohead. I just don't see the magic and its amazing how the ritalin fed youth of America can willingly listen to such stuff.

says he whilst listening to Cold Play. Can anyone else see the irony? :rolleyes:

tonksy

creep is one of the most mind numbing songs i have ever heard....it's still on a playlist of mine...but that song is just zombified.

IDLEchild

BeardofPants said:
says he whilst listening to Cold Play. Can anyone else see the irony? :rolleyes:

I can't. Coldplay and Radiohead have very different sounds and i have listened to the hail to the theif.....can't compare to Rush of blood to the head or Parachutes. Radiohead seems to take forever to get the energy going and the lead just looks dead and sounds dead.

IDLEchild

BeardofPants said:
*A tip: Pull head out of butt before looking for irony. It won't be up there. *

A tip: *come up with better ad homs and learn to argue in a manner of someone older than a 8 year old*

FluerVanderloo

Gotta agree with Butt on this one, Radiohead dosen't hold a candle to Coldplay.

And the Beatles kick ass. Very much so. Can't forget the Monkees either hehe.

IDLEchild

I am not saying Coldplay is better than Radiohead.... i am just saying i don't see any similarity between the two that everyone points out. I just maybe partial to Coldplay, thats fine. Music is a very subjective art form, everone has their likes and dislikes but apprently stating your opinion is a call for insults these days.

greenfreak

Buttcrackdivine said:
apprently stating your opinion is a call for insults these days.

Oh please, the way you sling insults and animosity around here, you can't play the victim. My problem with you is I agree with a lot of what you say even though you can be a jerk most of the time. Bastard. :nerd:

IDLEchild

greenfreak said:
Oh please, the way you sling insults and animosity around here, you can't play the victim. My problem with you is I agree with a lot of what you say even though you can be a jerk most of the time. Bastard. :nerd:

No Greenfreak, i never insult anyone intentionally here. I give harsh opinion? yes, quite true, but i hever never intentionally insulted anyone here for kicks. I only retaliate when someone fires back otherwise i give my opinion and advice "no holds barred".

Squiggy

ThunderDick
Buttcrackdivine said:

Buttcrackdevine said:
No Greenfreak, i never insult anyone intentionally here.

guess our youthful American members must like that implication....:retard: