College students damaged by 'Borat' movie

highwayman

Jeeeesss, were did they think the flick was going to be viewed at?

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/12/07/061207234758.qhg3mda5.html
Two US college students featured in the smash-hit comedy movie "Borat" suffered damage to their reputations after appearing in the film, a lawyer representing the pair said.
Olivier Taillieu told a hearing in Los Angeles that the two students -- whose names were withheld -- would never have agreed to appear in the spoof documentary if they had known it would be screened in the United States.

I can see it now, idiot 1 testafying...I am a poor colege student and needed the money...

Idiot2: I didn't think they would put that in the movie...

It's going to be pretty hard for any jury to have any sympathy...also extremely hard for them not to laugh very loudly at these folks.

Are they suing because they were personally damaged? no

Are they suing because the movie made righteous $$ and 20 other groups are suing? absolutely. There's money to be had here.

There was a discussion on NPR about the this subject. Apparently waivers for the Borat movie were way extremely above and beyond normal waivers and hence it's going to be incredibly hard for anyone to come back and sue.

Translation: They knew there'd be this kind of court traffic. That they knew is often enough for any jury to find against them.

I'm assuming that it was the morons filmed in the camper van that are suing? Haha, good luck with that bozos. I wonder if they'll ever get wimmins again?

I'm assuming that it was the morons filmed in the camper van that are suing? Haha, good luck with that bozos. I wonder if they'll ever get wimmins again?

thar's plenty of women dumb and/or desperate enough to put up with morons like those guys.

:hmm:

The term, whilst canadian in origin, can refer to idiotic or drunken behaviour. Are you saying that Canada's the only place that has idiots? :devious:

Back