Columbia noose professor fired for plagiarism

jimpeel

Who, here, truly believes that she was not the person who hung that noose on her office door last Fall? I guess that this investigation was ongoing at that time.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,370845,00.html

Columbia Noose Professor Likely to Be Fired for Plagiarism
Tuesday, June 24, 2008

NEW YORK — A black Columbia University professor who made headlines after a noose was found hanging on her door was suspended indefinitely for plagiarism and likely will be fired.

The termination of Madonna Constantine, a psychology professor with a focus in racial issues at Columbia’s Teachers College, is effective Dec. 31, 2008, pending an appeal.

"I can confirm that Madonna Constantine has been terminated subject to a hearing before a faculty committee," Teachers College spokesman Bill Anderson told FOXNews.com.

In a letter sent out Monday, Teachers College President Susan Fuhrman and university Provost Tom James said an investigation found that Constantine was guilty of plagiarism and of trying to cover it up by accusing those whose work she stole of plagiarism.

"The Faculty Advisory Committee (FAC) confirmed the administration's decision to accept ... the report's findings that professor Madonna Constantine had committed plagiarism and acted to obstruct the investigation," they said in the letter, sent Monday.

The "sanctions" imposed against the racial justice and psychology professor "were not only justified but required," the letter said.

"We are terminating Madonna Constantine's employment with Teachers College for cause subject to a hearing before a faculty committee," the administrators wrote.

[more]

Who, here, truly believes that she was not the person who hung that noose on her office door last Fall?

Never heard of it. Are you assuming her to be guilty of hanging a noose until proven innocent?

no those rights only apply to those on the wacko right wing fringe, not the whiney left wing fringe. golly she must be a marxist. or maybe a trotskyist!

but he's not really attacking her rights.

this is about whether she's belivable.

and since she's not a bushwhacking, blue helmet fearing NRA cowboy type guy like jim, she's not credible.

Never heard of it.

Well, you've heard of it now.

Are you assuming her to be guilty of hanging a noose until proven innocent?

I feel, in my heart of hearts, that she had good reason to plant that noose to try to deflect from the ongoing investigation which, by the way, was successful. The media played on the story for a week and a half.

Do I know if she planted the noose? NO.

Do I believe she planted the noose? YES, and HELL YES.

She had means, motive, and opportunity.

no those rights only apply to those on the wacko right wing fringe, not the whiney left wing fringe. golly she must be a marxist. or maybe a trotskyist!

but he's not really attacking her rights.

this is about whether she's belivable.

and since she's not a bushwhacking, blue helmet fearing NRA cowboy type guy like jim, she's not credible.

She is a "psychology professor with a focus in racial issues" and do you think a "psychology professor with a focus in racial issues" does not know the psychological impact of a noose hung on the office door of a black person? Do you think she was unaware of what such symbology would incite?

She has been terminated for plagiarism. I believe that she put that noose on her door to attempt to deflect from the ongoing investigation of her plagiarism. She had the motive to do so and it worked. The press ate it up for over a week and there was no mention of the investigation at that time.

Here she is in person on GMA. See if you find her credible.

How anyone could have "Never heard of it" after this type of coverage must have been living under a rock. (note the reporter's words when he refers to her ongoing dispute with another professor "has had some pretty serious tension with one of her collegues -- a professor in her own department, who she is suing for defamation -- that woman, who is not White did not respond to CNNs requests for comment." Why did he use the term "who is not White" rather than "who is also Black" or "who is also an African American"? Why didn't he say "who is not Asian"; or "who is not Latino"? One guess. - j)

And note the sea of Black faces at the demonstration :rolleyes: Looks more like a White guilt rally to me.

Do I know if she planted the noose? NO.

Do I believe she planted the noose? YES, and HELL YES.

She had means, motive, and opportunity.

I imagine you'd think it's reasonable for people to believe that many members of FLDS are guilty of the things they are accused of then huh?

I imagine you'd think it's reasonable for people to believe that many members of FLDS are guilty of the things they are accused of then huh?

Of course. I simply have a problem with those who make broad statements on how they should be "tied to a stump and let the critters take care of the rest"; DNA samples should be taken unconstitutionally; or the authorities should have extraconstitutional authority not enumerated in the Supreme Law of the Land.

I have not called for any punishment for this woman.

I have not called for her indictment, prosecution, incarceration, or execution.

I have not called for evidence to be unconstitutionally taken from her person.

I have not called for the authorities to be able to exercise extraconstitutional authority over her.

I have merely given my personal opinion as to what I believe. There is nothing that says you have to agree with my opinion, nor I with yours.

I have merely given my personal opinion as to what I believe. There is nothing that says you have to agree with my opinion, nor I with yours.

So it's just that you take issue with people expressing their opinion about suspected pedophiles. I understand.

You didn't have to. We all saw you outraged at people believing FLDS members to be guilty and then telling a different story when it comes to a black woman. :laugh:

You didn't have to. We all saw you outraged at people believing FLDS members to be guilty and then telling a different story when it comes to a black woman. :laugh:

Ah, there you go calling me a racist again. You are so pathetic.

Where did I just call you a racist?

Just pointed out different the different standards you had in a story about suspected FLDS child molesters vs. a suspected black noose hanger. :cocktail:

Where did I just call you a racist?

Just pointed out different the different standards you had in a story about suspected FLDS child molesters vs. a suspected black noose hanger. :cocktail:

Why did you make it a point to mention the woman's race? It suggests that I was bringing this up on that account by inference. The story headline brought up the noose incident and that incident was plastered all over America for a week and a half. Apparently, you were the only one in the nation who missed it.

As to standards, if she were to be arrested for a crime I would still say that she is innocent until proven guilty -- just like every other person in America.

In this case, the noose incident, there have been no suspects and no arrests that I know of. I still believe she placed the noose there herself to deflect attention away from the plagiarism investigation and give herself a lawsuit against the university if she was fired.

Why did you make it a point to mention the woman's race?

I believe you brought up race first Jimbo. Are you racist? You did say new York was "stuck" with a black attorney general.

Apparently, you were the only one in the nation who missed it.

Did you do a survey or something?

As to standards, if she were to be arrested for a crime I would still say that she is innocent until proven guilty -- just like every other person in America.

You assume her to be guilty of this for some reason while you were outraged at the same thing from others in another situation.

I believe you brought up race first Jimbo. Are you racist? You did say new York was "stuck" with a black attorney general.

That would certainly come as a surprise to my Mexican/Indian wife; my White/Mexican/Indian children; and my Black/White/Mexican/Indian grandson.

You assume her to be guilty of this for some reason while you were outraged at the same thing from others in another situation.

That is my OPINION. Others wanted to kill the FLDS members; and they painted them all with the same broad brush -- even those who are in committed monogamous marriages.

You wanted the authorities to have extraconstitutional powers to take evidence from the FLDS members.

There is a vast amount of difference between what you and others were espousing for the FLDS members and my opinion that this woman perpetrated a hoax by placing a noose on her office doorknob.

You, of course, could never understand the difference.

jimmy,

i watched the "GMA" video. she seems like a sober, rational, normal person to me.

so what were your other reasons for forming your precious opinion?

she's a professor, so she's a commie liberal, and, she's into race studies, and she's black?

so, she's an uppity negro, then, trying to deflect from this plagiarism charge?

is that right?

jimmy,

i watched the "GMA" video. she seems like a sober, rational, normal person to me.

she's a professor, so she's a commie liberal, and, she's into race studies, and she's black?

is that right?

Nope ,being as she was fired for plagiarism and her defense of "they plagiarized me" didn't work she now pulls the race card.Not even gonna comment on the "noose " incident,but its obvious her credibility has been proven suspect.

jimmy,

Yes, a sober, rational, normal plagiarist. Do you find plagiarists to be credible? I do not.

• The noose incident just happened to coincide with the investigation she knew could cost her her job -- tenured or not.
  • She has the knowledge on the psychology of race issues and knows how to apply that psychology.
  • She knows what the effect of such an incident would have on the Black community.

The demonstrations that occurred after the discovery and publication of the noose are stark testimonial to that effect. I posted links to the videos of the demonstrations.

As for my precious opinion, you are totally correct. It IS my precious opinion as is the opinion of everyone alive. If you do not hold your opinion as precious then you have a problem. Millions who came before us died so that we might be able to freely express our opinions without fear or reprisal. I am sure that they, too, would find my opinion, and yours, precious.

a. she's a professor, b. so she's a commie liberal, and, c. she's into race studies, and d. she's black?

a. That has been firmly established by the press, the university, her students, and herself.

b. While it has been established that she is a Liberal there appears nowhere in any tome I have read any evidence that she is a Commie.

c. Again, this has been well established by the press, the university, her students, and herself.

d. Gee, ya think??

The term "uppity negro" is offensive to all who read it regardless of color.

I do believe that her knowledge of racial psychology is a driving factor in the use of a noose as symbology which would incite others. Do you believe even for an instant that the noose symbology would have worked to as great an effect if she were White? I'll answer that for you. It would have no effect whatsoever because she would be the wrong color.

is that right?

Nope. Not even close.

Back