Columbia noose professor fired for plagiarism

golly jim, i don't think the plagiarism thing is resolved fully yet, is it? and sorry, all i see here is you just just waiting for someone that you differ from on many levels, and find politically objectionable, to fuck up. gotta have that noose ready for the hangin' right quick, in a prejudicial sense, whereas you'd fight to the death for the rights of the FLDS creeps to get "the full story out" because they're socially similar to you.

you really don't know shit about this lady's situation other than what you can glean from mass media.

she could be a plagairist.
she may not be.

is she pulling the race card?
maybe.

you're already certain.

bet if it was a pro 2nd amendment fellow your tune would be a bit more wait and see.

you can re-rationalize your thought process however you want, but you're sadly transparent.

Precedence.

The government has a history of killing whackos in Texas.

The left has a history of using race-baiting when it benefits them.

Precedence.

The government has a history of killing whackos in Texas.

The left has a history of using race-baiting when it benefits them.

Golly if you just apply some silly bullshit generalizations then you can turn off your brain. How convenient.

If we were going by precedent there's plenty of that for the FLDS. Maybe the precedent set by their child molesting "prophet".

golly jim, i don't think the plagiarism thing is resolved fully yet, is it? and sorry, all i see here is you just just waiting for someone that you differ from on many levels, and find politically objectionable, to fuck up. gotta have that noose ready for the hangin' right quick, in a prejudicial sense, whereas you'd fight to the death for the rights of the FLDS creeps to get "the full story out" because they're socially similar to you.

you really don't know shit about this lady's situation other than what you can glean from mass media.

she could be a plagairist.
she may not be.

is she pulling the race card?
maybe.

you're already certain.

bet if it was a pro 2nd amendment fellow your tune would be a bit more wait and see.

you can re-rationalize your thought process however you want, but you're sadly transparent.

Sounds pretty settled to me.

From the story in the thread header:

The termination of Madonna Constantine, a tenured psychology and education professor who specialized in racial issues at Columbia’s Teachers College, is effective Dec. 31, 2008, pending an appeal.

"I can confirm that Madonna Constantine has been terminated subject to a hearing before a faculty committee," Teachers College spokesman Bill Anderson told FOXNews.com.

In a letter sent out Monday, Teachers College President Susan Fuhrman and university Provost Tom James said an investigation found that Constantine was guilty of plagiarism and of trying to cover it up by accusing those whose work she stole of plagiarism.

"The Faculty Advisory Committee (FAC) confirmed the administration's decision to accept ... the report's findings that Professor Madonna Constantine had committed plagiarism and acted to obstruct the investigation," they said in the letter, sent Monday.

"We are terminating Madonna Constantine's employment with Teachers College for cause subject to a hearing before a faculty committee," the administrators wrote.

But the professor told the New York Daily News that the allegations were "baseless" and she was devastated by them. Constantine, who has written extensively about race, said she was dismissed because she spoke out about the noose on her door.

In a statement Giacomo circulated Monday, he said Constantine had been suspended without pay and would be fired depending on the outcome of a possible appeal, according to the Columbia Spectator.

Constantine has until July 15 to decide whether to challenge the school's decision.

The professor was sanctioned in February after an investigation determined she had incorporated the work of others without attribution in some of her academic journal papers. In particular, she took the work of a former colleague and two former Ph.D. candidates, according to the findings.

She was permitted to keep her job and challenge the decision, which she did. But her appeal of the findings was rejected by administrators.

Gee, it sure sounds like the issue is settled to me. She has been found by the administration to be guilty of plagiarism and then there is thst "noose" thing which she claims is the real reason she is being fired. There is that feathered nest thing again.

The story did say this, though.

Police say they still don't know who hung the noose from Constantine's door and have no suspects, though a grand jury in Manhattan is investigating. They don't believe Constantine was the one who hung the rope, which has been tested for DNA.

That doesn't change my opinion at all. She could have just as well have had a confidant do it for her so she would have an alibi as to where she was when the incident occurred. Then again, it could also have been a confidant who did this without her knowledge or consent in an effort to help her with the ongoing investigation.

I still believe she had a hand in it.

You forgot to bold the "subject to a hearing" part twice, ya big silly.

I thought the part about "is effective Dec. 31, 2008, pending an appeal." was good enough. If she fails to appeal the decision -- the "subject to a hearing" part -- by July 15 the decision stands without challenge. Her chances of winning the appeal are nil as she has already lost the appeal against the charge which got her fired.

Then there is the Fox video in post #2 in which Rick Leventhal states: "Constantine has until July 15 to challenge her dismissal; and she could sue the school but her appeal on the plagiarism charges has already been dismissed as baseless."

Inother words, the cause for which she is being fired has been upheld.

I thought the part about "is effective Dec. 31, 2008, pending an appeal." was good enough. If she fails to appeal the decision -- the "subject to a hearing" part -- by July 15 the decision stands without challenge. Her chances of winning the appeal are nil as she has already lost the appeal against the charge which got her fired.

Then there is the Fox video in post #2 in which Rick Leventhal states: "Constantine has until July 15 to challenge her dismissal; and she could sue the school but her appeal on the plagiarism charges has already been dismissed as baseless."

Inother words, the cause for which she is being fired has been upheld.

So you think she is guilty of committing plagiarism and inventing a noose story, but you don't think she'd try to find some sort of loophole or would try to play semantics to keep her well-paying job?

So you think she is guilty of committing plagiarism and inventing a noose story, but you don't think she'd try to find some sort of loophole or would try to play semantics to keep her well-paying job?

Oh definitely. The semantics have already been played by her when she tried to accuse those she had plagiarized of having plagiarized her. That was her case at her appeals hearing for the plagiarism charge and it was roundly rejected.

In a letter sent out Monday, Teachers College President Susan Fuhrman and university Provost Tom James said an investigation found that Constantine was guilty of plagiarism and of trying to cover it up by accusing those whose work she stole of plagiarism.

"The Faculty Advisory Committee (FAC) confirmed the administration's decision to accept ... the report's findings that Professor Madonna Constantine had committed plagiarism and acted to obstruct the investigation," they said in the letter, sent Monday.

I just don't see a whole lot of wiggle room, loopholes, or semantics left to her. What I DO expect her to do is file a lawsuit against the university on the noose case for having a hostile workplace or some such rot. No matter what the lawsuit it will be found hanging from that noose, you can rest assured of that. That is why I believe it was she who placed it there so she could have a buffer if she got canned.

Back