*cough cough cough*

Stop Laughing

I'm out of breath. Anyone know how to catch their wind back quickly?

Anyways, I'm out of breath because I chased a couple of shoplifters through the neighborhood. I didn't dare try to stop them as there were two of them and they did say they had a weapon (although I doubt they did), but they tried to lose me by running down a couple of alleys but couldn't shake me. They jumped into a white SUV, I got the license plate and after they drove away I went back and called the cops and told them everything I could. I'm kinda surprised I was able to keep up with them as I'm not in real good shape and they were more fit than me for sure. I don't think they got too much, looked like 3 good sized boxes, probably portable stereos as most everything valuable is locked up tight and they weren't in the store long (I had seen them go in just about a minute before they ran out). I wasn't even on the clock, I was sitting outside waiting for my ride to show up, good thing for my store he was stuck in traffic. I hope they catch those scumbags so I can help put them away. I also better get OT pay for this.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
and as you were pre-occupied, their buddies came in took the good stuff ;)

abooja

I once chased a shoplifter down a busy Brooklyn street when I worked at the Gap as a kid. I stopped running when he ran into a car, but my assistant manager, Gina (a petite woman) chased him into the car and tried pulling the shoplifted clothes out of his hands as he drove away. For whatever pittance an hour she was making, I told her she was nuts.

tonksy

I never chased a shoplifter but I broke up a fight in the parking lot by beating the drunken teen aged boys with a straw broom.

Inkara1

I can actually visualize you doing that. :D Which is weird because normally I'd visualize frail old ladies doing that. You're not frail. :D

Inkara1

Actually, I really do wish it were naptime. Damn my sleeping habits and their incompatibility with a day job.

Professur

Considering you're conversing with the former night manager of a hotel, and a waitress .....

*Tower to Inky* You're going down, YOU'RE GOING DOWN!! GET OUT WHILE YOU STILL CAN!!!

woodman19_99

tonksy said:
I never chased a shoplifter but I broke up a fight in the parking lot by beating the drunken teen aged boys with a straw broom.

I think I would enjoy that...

I mean enjoy doing that....