Country Music??????

i dont seek out country music but if someone else is listening to it, i usually catch myself singing along or tapping out the beat. most of it sounds like top 40 these days.

Spot said:
i dont seek out country music but if someone else is listening to it, i usually catch myself singing along or tapping out the beat. most of it sounds like top 40 these days.

Yeah, I think most of it seems to be crossover stuff too. I can dig the older stuff like George Straight, George Jones, Merle Haggard, Alan Jackson, Dwight Yoakam, etc. Sometimes the "classic country" is good too.

Don't tell anyone, but I actually own a John Denver cd! :D

Grew up on country music really - I think the first song I could remember all the words of was 'Delta Dawn' and that D-I-V-O-R-C-E song

Our Dee Eye Vee Oh Aar See Ee becomes final today....da, da, da

*damn, I can't remember it anymore*

what do you get when you play a country song backwards?

you get your truck back
you get your wife back
you get your house back......

i used to hate country....
but it's hard to hate it when your boyfriend plays it a lot, and you hear it all day at work....

AlphaTroll said:

Oh.......I loved that joke that was going around the year he died!

"What weighs eight pounds and won't be getting plucked this Christmas?"

"John Denver's guitar!!" hehe :D

I can't be having with Dolly Parton screeching on about feminie hair bleaching cream or old men warbling about three legged dogs and what have yer.........

.....But a bit of Jonny Cash or wayward young women chasing the preachers son around is ok now and again.

bleach said:
Oh.......I loved that joke that was going around the year he died!

"What weighs eight pounds and won't be getting plucked this Christmas?"

"John Denver's guitar!!" hehe :D

I can't be having with Dolly Parton screeching on about feminie hair bleaching cream or old men warbling about three legged dogs and what have yer.........

.....But a bit of Jonny Cash or wayward young women chasing the preachers son around is ok now and again.

i just like music. i like most music. country music has some great artists....i like john denver, too.
wayward young women and preachers sons? i know a song about this, but i don't know if i'd call it country...wonder if its the same song?
"the only boy who could ever reach me was a son of a preacher man...the only boy who could ever teach me was a son of a preacher man, yes he was, he was, lord yes he was..." is that it?

tonks said:
i just like music. i like most music. country music has some great artists....i like john denver, too.
wayward young women and preachers sons? i know a song about this, but i don't know if i'd call it country...wonder if its the same song?
"the only boy who could ever reach me was a son of a preacher man...the only boy who could ever teach me was a son of a preacher man, yes he was, he was, lord yes he was..." is that it?

That's the one I was thinking of........don't know if it's actually country or not :shrug:

I've never looked at country music the same since Tammy Winette sang Justified and Ancient with the KLF :D (great song)

It's ironic that today, the country hit makers look like & almost sound like Ted Nugent/Amboy Dukes from 1965. Does that mean teh country stars of 2020 will wear leather & sound like Judas Priest?

Sorry, John Denver was not a country act. Some of his stuff crossed over on the charts, but he was a folksinger. I played a mix of country and occasional other stuff around southern AZ for years. My favorites are jazz and blues, but it's hard to get paid playing those.

chcr said:
Sorry, John Denver was not a country act. Some of his stuff crossed over on the charts, but he was a folksinger. .

Thanks - it seemed that way to me, but for some reason the shops always keep it under the country section.

ive mentioned it before but yes i like some country.

Willie Nelson
Johnny Cash
Leanne Rhymes
though i prefer the more older country as Willie and Johnny.

I love classic country music - Willie, Waylon, Johnny Cash. I like folk, also. Practically all I listen to is the classic country stations.

old country trivia.
it's an old song, i believe entitled "i believe in love" by ....don someone. anyone remember the artist? i love this song and need to find out the artist.

Back