Course selections for my next term

Jeslek

Banned
OK, after I threatened the Engineering Faculty that I'm leaving for MIT or something, they reconsidered and are now offering me a seat provided I get a GPA of 80% or higher next semester... So here is what I'm thinking of taking.

Math 235 - Linear Algebra II - Determinants. Eigenvalues, diagonalization and the minimal polynomial. Inner products, orthonormal bases, orthogonal and unitary matrices, quadratic forms.

Math 239 - Introduction to Combinatorics - Introduction to graph theory: colorings, matchings, connectivity, planarity. Introduction to combinatorial analysis: generating series, recurrence relations, binary strings, plane trees.

Econ 101 - Introduction to Microeconomics - This course provides an introduction to microeconomic analysis relevant for understanding the Canadian economy. The behavior of individual consumers and producers, the determination of market prices for commodities and resources, and the role of government policy in the functioning of the market system are the main topics covered.

Physics 275 - Astrophysics 1 - The Solar System
The Planets, Newtonian gravity and celestial mechanics, the formation of stars and planets, meteorites, asteroids, comets, planetary interiors, planetary surfaces, planetary atmospheres, the origin of life.

Unknown I have yet to decide what I want here. Probably some computer science course or ancient history.

:D This time I'm going to share a house with 4 other guys (fun huh?). Disturbing shit potential rating: 10. :D :p

That Econ class should be a good one to get some sleep in, try to get it an early morning class, it will make it easier.

besides Physics 275 it all looks crap to me :(

but i guess some people like math....i'm not some people :D

that physics course kicks serious ass though :)

Econ 101 - Introduction to Microeconomics - This course provides an introduction to microeconomic analysis relevant for understanding the Canadian economy.

Hahaha! If you want to understand the Canadian ecnomy (or US), just read Atlas Shrugged. :lol:

As far as I'm concerned economics is only slightly more exciting than environmental law(or anything to do with law for that matter), but the rest looks interesting. :)

I'd go for econ, but then my degree is in econ. It should be an easy 4.0, although there will be nothing interesting in a 101 class.

Back