Crazy Cowboy vs. Mad Mullahs

MrBishop

A day after threatening to strike Tel Aviv and U.S. interests if attacked, Iran test-fired nine missiles Wednesday -- at least one with a range capable of hitting Israel and American troops in the region.
The U.S. and Israeli reaction to the test was pointed. The test helped the Bush administration buttress its arguments in favour of building a European missile shield, despite Russian claims the project targets their country, rather than a potential threat from Iran.
"The missile threat is not an imaginary one," U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice told reporters in Bulgaria. "Those who say that there is no Iranian missile threat against which we should be building this defence system perhaps ought to talk to the Iranians about . . . the range of the missiles they just fired."
Iran's state-run news media showed footage of three of the launchings, saying the missiles included the latest version of the Shahab-3, which has a range of 2,000 kilometres. That makes Iran capable of striking any part of Israel if launchings are made from the western part of the country. The Shahab-3 could also hit targets in Turkey, the Arabian Peninsula, Afghanistan and Pakistan -- regions where tens of thousands of U.S. and allied soldiers are based.
Gen. Hoseyn Salami, Iran's Revolutionary Guard air force commander, justified the tests as a way to "demonstrate our resolve and might against enemies who in recent weeks have threatened Iran with harsh language."
Israel said it did not want war with Iran, but Mark Regev, a spokesman for Prime Minister Ehud Olmert, added Iran's nuclear and ballistic missile programs "must be of grave concern to the entire international community."
Meanwhile, Canada is "concerned" by the Iranian missile tests and earlier threats to strike Israel and U.S. interests.
"Rather than seeking to intimidate its neighbours with its nuclear and missile programs, Canada calls upon Iran to abide by the UN Security Council resolutions, co-operate fully with the International Atomic Energy Agency, halt its nuclear program and enter into negotiations to resolve its nuclear dispute with the international community," said Eugenie Cormier-Lassonde, spokeswoman with the Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade.

Calgary Herald

Interesting debate - just who IS crazier?

The crazy cowboy has no plans for world domination. I'm glad you're all happy with Iran being armed with long range nukes.

Long range is relative, and Iran isn't Nuclear. They aren't even Atomic yet. I'm not happy about the idea, but I'm feeling better than Israel right around now. Iran, on the other hand, seems to have forgotten that Israel DOES have long range missiles AND is a nuclear nation.

Nothing to worry about.

Like Obama said, Iran is a tiny country and it doesn't pose a serious threat.

I'minajihad can't even shoot straight---for obvious reasons:

ahmadinejad.jpg

Hell, some of their missiles won't even fire

610x.jpg

So in a manner after Fake But Accurate, they have to photoshop

f_20080709Iram_9e41811.jpg

However, Israel is ready to act, and the US, as always, will defend her allies.

2j62r0m.gif

Yee haw!

Hence the title. Iran bluffs, Bush blusters and the world keeps turning.

It's an international version of "Chicken", but Iran forgot that the USA is driving a MACK® truck and that they're in a Citroen.

Nothing to worry about.

Like Obama said, Iran is a tiny country and it doesn't pose a serious threat.

I'minajihad can't even shoot straight---for obvious reasons:

Hell, some of their missiles won't even fire

So in a manner after Fake But Accurate, they have to photoshop

However, Israel is ready to act, and the US, as always, will defend her allies.

Yee haw!

and a bad photoshop at that.

Now that Amerdimajad is a real threat to the world, invading Iran would be the right thing to do.

Back