cultural influences

I really appreciate different cultures. It fascinates me. I fit in quite easily because I've experienced so many of them. I can also eat most food, and certain cultures socializes by eating. If we are all one culture, it would be pretty boring eh? Who would I argue with? :)

that's not waht i meant.......

k, let's see if you get it this way:
what have you adopted from other cultures and became part of your ways?

Luis G said:
that's not waht i meant.......

k, let's see if you get it this way:
what have you adopted from other cultures and became part of your ways?
Hm I don't quite get what you mean, I've adoped everything I have from either my parents or different cultures.

My feeling of honor I guess. Honor in doing something or not. I don't think many Americans think of honor as is, but I have a feeling that I'm doing something honorable or not, and its important to me.

ok........
*talking to ris so he can tell me how to word the stupid question*

Edit: nobody is understanding the question.......i'll put an example.

ris likes Tabasco and Tacos, and that kind of food is not part of the brit culture, but still he eats it. (he adopted some part of the mexican culture)

i am referring to individualities, so that rather than general things, 'travelling' is general, 'tabasco sauce is specific'

I don't think the US has invented anything other than barbecue, flight, dwarf tossing, and atomic bombs. Everything comes from elsewhere in origin. It would be impossible to list all of the general influences.

Beer? Egyptian
Pizza? Chinese
Math? Mesopotamia
pointy sticks? Subsaharan Africa
baseball? rounders

I understand the question Luis. However, being an American, everything is culturally outside.

Food-hamburgers & hots dogs are not a culture exchange item, they are an embarassment. We do have some great chili, but that is of hispanic origin. We make a mean steak, again, outside influence. Our wines, while superior to much of the world, require a nod to France. Pizza is ours, but it's an Italian & Chinese idea.

Music-RnR is based on the blues which, in turn is based on gospel which, in turn is based on African tribal songs. Country is American, I suppose. Not much else counts :D

Clothing-We can't even agree within our own borders. The east coast seems to get all gussied up for no good reason, the south & center-west like jeans & T-shirts while the west coast wants pure comfort, shorts & tank tops.

The only thing that is not an import, or based on an import is...are you ready...I hope so, because it will make you squirm & fidget....

Capitalism[/siz]

We do that right!!!

This question is better suited for our members that come from a culturally singular outlook.

Gonz said:
This question is better suited for our members that come from a culturally singular outlook.

I think Gonz hit the answer perfectly there, we can't exactly say what culture we have obtained from outside influences, as our entire culture came from outside. We found this land, Ok, took this land a mere 500 years ago, and have only had a real government for a little over 200 years. So we are still quite young, and quite diverse in our culture.

I think Pizza was Mongol, not Chinese, now that I think about it. Its one of those Marco Polo thingies wherin he brought back the base idea of meat imbedded inside of flat bread. The Greeks raised the idea to leaving the toppings on top. The Italians eventually added the sauce and cheese.

unclehobart said:
I think Pizza was Mongol, not Chinese, now that I think about it. Its one of those Marco Polo thingies wherin he brought back the base idea of meat imbedded inside of flat bread. The Greeks raised the idea to leaving the toppings on top. The Italians eventually added the sauce and cheese.

what all was on that white pizza we had at that corner pizza place? All I remember was garlic and lots of mozarella ... I was a little "out of it" as I recall .. but the pizza was great!

Christos. A Greek family owned restaurant with 2 locatios in Atlanta and 3 in Connecticut. The pie we had proably had gyro meat and feta cheese with the mozarella, no sauce.

Back