damn stairs

Dave

woke up this morning and went to go downstairs to watch the news. didn't step right on the first step and my feet went out from under me. landed at the bottom of the steps.
looked up the steps and the poor dog was cowering up there. he must have thought he caused me to fall even though he was already down the steps when i fell. he has almost tripped me on a number of occasions. i said "its not your fault" and he jumped up with his tail wagging, came down and started licking my arm.
should have a couple of nasty looking bruises in a day or so.

Wow... according to that site you have a 1 in 4,297,630 chance of being legally executed this year, 1 in 55,597 lifetime. You've also got a 1 in 7,198,531 chance of dying after contact with hot tap water this year, 1 in 93,125 lifetime. Your odds of dying this year due to excessive heat or cold of man-made origin are 1 in 28,794,122, 1 in 372,498 lifetime.

Makes screetcars seem downright safe. You've got a 1 in 71,985,305 chance of dying because of a streetcar, the scourge of San Francisco, this year, 1 in 931,246 lifetime.

Spot said:
woke up this morning and went to go downstairs to watch the news. didn't step right on the first step and my feet went out from under me. landed at the bottom of the steps.
looked up the steps and the poor dog was cowering up there. he must have thought he caused me to fall even though he was already down the steps when i fell. he has almost tripped me on a number of occasions. i said "its not your fault" and he jumped up with his tail wagging, came down and started licking my arm.
should have a couple of nasty looking bruises in a day or so.

:crap: ............musta hurt,thank goodness your ok......... :clap: woulda love to rate the fall though, LOL :kiss: for your Boo-Boo's!

Damn, man, glad you're ok. That's how my uncle died; fell down the stairs and suffered a basilar skull fracture. :(

Are your stairs carpeted? If not, maybe you need a patch of carpeting in the middle of the step for your sake and the dog's too.

greenfreak said:
Damn, man, glad you're ok. That's how my uncle died; fell down the stairs and suffered a basilar skull fracture. :(

Are your stairs carpeted? If not, maybe you need a patch of carpeting in the middle of the step for your sake and the dog's too.
:eek:

stairs are carpeted. guess i just stepped wrong.

gonz - that went right over my head the first time. nothing unusual....

thanks Mare :D

Aren't those magic carpet rides just fun?!?

Glad you made out OK...my suggestion...don't lift anything heavy for a day or so. Minor falls have a way of coming back and biting you on the ass in the shape of pulled backs.

MrBishop said:
Aren't those magic carpet rides just fun?!?

Glad you made out OK...my suggestion...don't lift anything heavy for a day or so. Minor falls have a way of coming back and biting you on the ass in the shape of pulled backs.

i love magic carpet rides :swing:

Back