Damn those pennies!

Spirit

Kissy Goddess
Somehow during the course of about 2 weeks or so - our counter gets tons of change on it. So when I want to go out and buy a coffee, I take the silver and leave the pennies. Eventually they get scattered about and when I'm cleaning, one will end up in the pile of ick I am wiping up. I JUST CAN'T seem to toss it out! One phreakin' penny! The guilt is so huge.

Mercy.

Daughter did a penny drive at school this year for the band. I finally broke out mine. it's just a little tin that sits on my dresser, but there were over 30.00 in pennies in that thing.

I save all my pocket change in a jar, and roll it periodically. When I get enough to fool with, I use it to fund me CD buying addiction. I see it as free money, therefore eligible to be blown in any irresponsible manner I choose. At last count, I'm up to $46 since the last time I spent any a few months ago.

When I was stationed in Germany we didn't use pennies on any of the US Bases over there. Everything was done down to the nickel. Rather nice really.

Erik and I save all those pennies in a gatorade jug and then turn them in at the bank for dollars and silver. It's amazing how many dollars a gatorade jug of pennies can produce.

Just used most of the aforementioned change to purchase the following CDs:

*Jim Lauderdale with Ralph Stanley and the Clinch Mountain Boys - Lost In The Lonesome Pines

*Blue Highway - Wind To The West

*Gov't Mule self titled

:nanabang:

Brings the wish list down to about 230 now...

SouthernN'Proud said:
I save all my pocket change in a jar, and roll it periodically. When I get enough to fool with, I use it to fund me CD buying addiction. I see it as free money, therefore eligible to be blown in any irresponsible manner I choose. At last count, I'm up to $46 since the last time I spent any a few months ago.

Same here, SN'P. The hubby and I throw all change into a big mason jar all year, and roll it at Christmas. The $76.00 treated us and another couple to a fine dinner. :)

Didja know that the only machine that interfaces with pennies in any way is a coin roller. They're pretty much useless otherwise. What can you buy with a penny? Nada!

Get rid of the penny...they take more moeny to mint than their street worth.

MrBishop said:
Didja know that the only machine that interfaces with pennies in any way is a coin roller. They're pretty much useless otherwise. What can you buy with a penny? Nada!

Get rid of the penny...they take more moeny to mint than their street worth.

So you don't have a problem with adding another couple of bucks to your food bill each week? Not to mention that after your done, a $1 candy bar will now cost $1.20 instead of 1.16? Because each of your taxes now needs to be rounded up to the next 5c.

There's good clear thinking for ya.

Professur said:
So you don't have a problem with adding another couple of bucks to your food bill each week? Not to mention that after your done, a $1 candy bar will now cost $1.20 instead of 1.16? Because each of your taxes now needs to be rounded up to the next 5c.

There's good clear thinking for ya.
Up or down...won't make a big diff. If it stays at $1.16 and I take the .04c home and toss them in a jar somewhere... the bar still cost me $1.20 . Mind you...because it's in a jar, the GVT has to spend my tax dollars to mint more of the little useless coin.

The US mint alone produces more than 13 billion of them per year... at a cost of $110 million. I can see a whole lotta more places where that cash could go :D

Read more about it

Back