Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

jimpeel

Hawk if you fight, coward if you don't.

So Ahmadinejad called Bush an aggressor and a hawk because he chose to kick ass and take names.

Now he implies that Obama is a coward because he wants to try diplomacy.

Ya can't win with these guys because peace is the last thing they want.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=CNG.073ba2ee2f1f00668848a4655420fedc.411&show_article=1

Iran says Obama's offer to talk shows US failure
Jan 31 08:16 AM US/Eastern

US President Barack Obama's offer to talk to Iran shows that America's policy of "domination" has failed, the government spokesman said on Saturday.

"This request means Western ideology has become passive, that capitalist thought and the system of domination have failed," Gholam Hossein Elham was quoted as saying by the Mehr news agency.

"Negotiation is secondary, the main issue is that there is no way but for (the United States) to change," he added.

After nearly three decades of severed ties, Obama said shortly after taking office this month that he is willing to extend a diplomatic hand to Tehran if the Islamic republic is ready to "unclench its fist".

In response, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad launched a fresh tirade against the United States, demanding an apology for its "crimes" against Iran and saying he expected "deep and fundamental" change from Obama.

Iranian politicians frequently refer to the US administration as the "global arrogance", "domineering power" and "Great Satan".

Tensions with the United States have soared over Iran's nuclear drive and Ahmadinejad's vitriolic verbal attacks against Washington's close regional ally Israel.

Former US president George W. Bush refused to hold talks with the Islamic republic -- which he dubbed part of an "axis of evil" -- unless it suspended uranium enrichment, and never took a military option to thwart Tehran's atomic drive off the table.

The new administration of Obama has also refused to rule out any options -- including military strikes -- to stop Tehran from acquiring a nuclear weapon.

Iran denies any plans to build the bomb and insists its nuclear programme is solely aimed at peaceful ends.

Copyright AFP 2008

He didn't call Obama a coward...your reading of this is off, Jim

he basically said that previous methodology for dealing with Iran wasn't working and that Obama and the new administration has recognized this.

I ddn't say he called him a coward outright. I said "Now he implies that Obama is a coward because he wants to try diplomacy."

Western ideology has become passive, that capitalist thought and the system of domination have failed

I think the implication is there.

Aiming for peace (becoming passive) doesn't equal being cowardly IMO.

It is an understanding that you can't solve every problem using a clenched fist.

It takes more strength and will to avoid a fight than it does to start one.

jim, man, are you starting to believe something that comes from Ahmadinejad's
mouth?

He's so full of misinformation, he's not worth quoting.
I mean he's psychotic man!

All that aside, it doesn't mean we can't make some kinda progress.
Just have to figure out how to play the game in a way in which we quietly
archive our goals, or at least keep moving in that direction.

obamastupid2qg2.jpg

His behavior has been highly inappropriate let alone felonious:

WASHINGTON (AFP) – US President Barack Obama has already used experts within the last few months to hold high-level but discreet talks with both Iran and Syria, organizers of the meetings told AFP.

However, even before winning the November 4 election, Obama unofficially used what experts call "track two" discussions to approach America's two foes in the region.

A violation of the Logan Act.

link no work

really though doing extreme propagandizing doesn't help the cause. (if just rhetorical)

I think the implication is there.

The implication is not there at all Jim.

Cerise said:
His response was "There is only one President at a time." Then what in the hell were you doing in the prior months talking to our enemies, B.H.O?

He was starting a dialogue while letting the current pres do his thing. I'm not sure what your confusion is exactly Cerise. Seems like more pointless bitching.

The Logan Act makes it illegal for citizens to negotiate with foreign nations on behalf of the US. What was he negotiating?

The article is at the yahoo link.

If this is the case, then what was Palin negotiating when she was in Pakistan?

Are you trying to twist the story, or do you really not know the facts?

Are you trying to twist the story, or do you really not know the facts?
During the campaign, candidates took trips abroad to meet with various leaders. I'm saying that Obama was not negotiating anything. If he was, something would have changed by now... and it didn't. I read the article but found nothing regarding Obama negotiating anything on behalf of the US. No treaties, no trade, nothing. :shrug:

I don't think he or anyone else should have met with the Freak-Of-Iran, but there were things done during the campaign I think were outrageous on all sides that I did not approve of. Water under the bridge.

Back