dancing queeeeen!

Originally posted by kuulani
Originally posted by ris
we're your protectorate? i feel sorry for you, damn we're lame at that sort of stuff :D

yeah ... you were supposed to protect us from other invading governments ... ;)

:D

THAT'S RIGHT!!! You guys are soooo fired! hehehehe

hey ris ... here we have a May Day celebration thing (it's not traditional in the cultural sense but it's been celebrated througout Hawai'i schools for many decades now) and usually there's a court - a King and Queen and Princesses and Princes that represent each island. Normally, the Queen dances to that song that ku'u posted earlier, dubbed "the Queen's Jubilee". Another tie to the Brits that's kept alive.

For Hawaiians, and many other Native-based cultures, there is no finer or more treasured gift than that of ones voice. Like ku'u's signature says .. A he leo wale no ...

HAHA! I haven't had that much fun with a queen since the time I saw my old boss do drag! :D

Forget Abba, the Sex Pistols are reuniting to play a jubilee concert! Confirmed:

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/Entertainment/story_31791.asp

Some classic Lydon quotes in the link.

"But the singer, formerly know as Johnny Rotten, praised the Queen and joked: "I've always wanted to get into her knickers. Let's be honest, we are the Sex Pistols."

""Let me remind you what being British is all about. This is our country, this is our flag, they're our monarchy, they don't work too well at the moment but let's make the f------ do a good job. Let's get rid of the useless ones and keep a few of the goodies."

Asked who he thought useless, the punk icon said: "Prince Charles - as long as Elizabeth keeps him off the throne she's doing a good job."

LOL

I believe they'll also be re-issuing 'God Save the Queen'

Back