Death photography?

I guy I know who likes to keep autopsy photos. He got jailed recently because there were some 'youth' photos in his collection. Oddly enough, I thought the entire collection was illegal. Seems it's not. He got off, although the 'youth' photos were confiscated.

ash r said:
also, i know that during the time of the american civil war, like, at least that era, when infant mortality was very high, sometimes pictures were taken of the infant to look like it was just sleeping peacefully.
i saw some photos in the personal collection of a woman who was a civil war reinactor and antiques collector, and she had quite a number of such photos.

*nods*

I have a book with a picture of the body of Brig. Gen. Turner Ashby, CSA during the Shenedoah Valley Campaign. Several other generals and officers on both sides had their pictures taken after death, I just haven't seen them.

If you want pictures of dead folks there's always rotten.com but please, don't look if you do not want to see graphic and even gross depictions of death. Most of all don't say I didn't warn you!

Back