Democratic suicide?

Professur

Once again, thanks to my local radio yappers, I was forced to endure yet more ranting about the US political debacle. This time the squawking centred around who might be the next Dem candidate: Obana or Shillery. Possibly Kerry or that other guy, what's his name... used to be VP.

And I got to thinking ...... they can't be serious. I know that the left likes to push itself as supporting the odd man. But ... in the last election for senate and congress, their big winners were ... the middle road guys. The closet conservatives.

Now, I don't know exactly how it's done in your neck of the woods, but up here, it's the party members who decide the candidates, but the general populace who decide the winner. And while I can easily see the party members (who are usually rabidly blind in any party) putting a half black man, or a woman in as candidate, ..... I don't think anyone's fool enough to believe that the entire country is ready for that. Are they?

Depends on how apathetic or angry the constituency is when it comes time to cast the ballots...

Yeah,I was kinda wondering the same thing especially when they noted the Obama was the only African American currently in the senate.

Because, you know, the person's race is so much more important than whether he's actually fit for the job.

Because, you know, the person's race is so much more important than whether he's actually fit for the job.

My point is the News story thought it necessary to point it out,the whole "first" situation is completely moot IMO,but the Dems seem to be pushing that point.

Look at it this way...

Obama is the token black...

Billery is the token woman...

Gore invented the internet....

Skerry has more money then cence....

Who will the American public be conditioned to vote for?

Look at it this way...

Obama is the token black...

Billery is the token woman...

Gore invented the internet....

Skerry has more money then cence....

Who will the American public be conditioned to vote for?
Based on those options ....Republican.

Don't have to,they voted Bush in a second time :shrug:You can't make me believe it was based on his popularity and not lack of a Democratic option.

Well, all I have to say is that whoever can keep the economy strong, get us out of Iraq, and heal the budget deficit has my vote - regardless of party affiliation, race, gender, personality, appearance, or sexual orientation. I just want the freaking job done right, period.

I say we vote Democrat in the next election.

Well, it has to be Zell Miller :shrug:

Well, all I have to say is that whoever can keep the economy strong, get us out of Iraq, and heal the budget deficit has my vote - regardless of party affiliation, race, gender, personality, appearance, or sexual orientation. I just want the freaking job done right, period.

:wstupid: 100%

Zell would be an awesome choice... but true Democrats think of him as a Republican. Besides, Carter made it so that a Georgian wouldn't/couldn't get elected to office for at least a century.

Back