Dentists - oral sadists making good money on my pain

MrBishop

So..I don't brush more than once or twice a day:brush:. I hate flossing etc...

Is that any reason to torture me bi-annually by sticking needles into my gums, poking me with sharp instruments and using miniature drills on my poor teeth??!?

I HATE numb cheeks, I hate when numb cheeks goes away, and I HATE drooling all over myself for no apparent reason:la:, and the price to pay!!!!

I had to come on and bitch about it...I'm numb, my cheeks are packed with sterile 2x2's and I'm $500 in the hole

$:crying4::crying4::crying4::crying4::crying4:

(Boo now has music from "Little Shop of Horrors" running through her head)

o/~ 'Cause I'm a de-entist ~/o

:lol:

Sorry for your pain bish - I can't take the dentist either...

Personally I feel for all you women out there,

Gynos, Bluergh. *Shudders*

How do you guys (oops! Gals!) Put up with that?

Hey Bish, have you joined nalani's dentists-are-the-spawn-of-the-devil club? :alienhuh:

...and speaking of gynos, who the hell wants to be one?

MrBishop said:
So..I don't brush more than once or twice a day:brush:. I hate flossing etc...

Is that any reason to torture me bi-annually by sticking needles into my gums, poking me with sharp instruments and using miniature drills on my poor teeth??!?

I HATE numb cheeks, I hate when numb cheeks goes away, and I HATE drooling all over myself for no apparent reason:la:, and the price to pay!!!!

I had to come on and bitch about it...I'm numb, my cheeks are packed with sterile 2x2's and I'm $500 in the hole

$:crying4::crying4::crying4::crying4::crying4:

thanks, ku'u for pointing me to this thread.

Dude - You can definitely join my club, but you can't cry until you've at least hit $1k in the hole OR have had 5 teeth pulled at once (mixture of wisdoms and molars are fine) ... ~opens my mouth and shows you my $800 tooth* .. yes .. that's just for one tooth ... Dentists are the evil spawn of Satan, i'm telling you .. *nods*

Oz said:
*raises hand*
let's think about this...from the ages of 16-45 you only have to go to the gyno once a year for a pap...3 times a year if you get the shot...so the majority of your practice would focus on the treatment of illnesses vice regular check-ups...most of your patients will be older, or sick, or crappy/clap-ridden cootchies...mmmm sounds like fun...just the way you don't like 'em.

tonksy said:
let's think about this...from the ages of 16-45 you only have to go to the gyno once a year for a pap...3 times a year if you get the shot...so the majority of your practice would focus on the treatment of illnesses vice regular check-ups...most of your patients will be older, or sick, or crappy/clap-ridden cootchies...mmmm sounds like fun...just the way you don't like 'em.

Still gotta be more fun that sitting in an office staring at a computer screen all day :nerd:

Oz said:
Still gotta be more fun that sitting in an office staring at a computer screen all day :nerd:
yeah...but when you go home and the last thing you want to do is play with your personal computer no one gets offended. ;)

Ah the miracle of studenthood, free(ish) Health and dental care!

*Throws sugar and other nasties at his teeth with reckless abandon*

:brush: :brush: :brush:

Sympathy available here. :sadhug:

A few years ago I jumped a wave while riding a Waverunner at the beach. When I came off of the wave, I wiped out ugly and smacked my face hard on the steering yoke. Knocked out two front teeth and broke off another. Two root canals and one three-pontic bridge later, I have all new front fangs. Set me back well over USD $2500. Got a purty mouf, tho.

I've only had one filling and my front two teeth bonded (weird chips in my teeth, both in different accidents, I now wish I saved a pic of that...), so I feel lucky. My brother when he was little fell teeth first into a cement stair and needed emergency oral surgery. He was fortunate that those teeth weren't his permanent teeth.

Back