Did you know...?

Jeslek

Banned
In Northern parts of China it was once a common practice to shave pigs. When the evenings got cold the Chinese would take a pig to bed with them for warmth and found it more comfortable if the pig was clean-shaven. :rofl2:

History's first recorded toothpaste was an Egyptian mixture of ground pumice and strong wine. But the early Romans brushed their teeth with human urine, and also used it as a mouthwash. Actually, urine was an active component in toothpaste and mouthwashes until well into the 18th century - the ammonia it contains gave them strong cleansing power.

Only one satellite has been ever been destroyed by a meteor: the European Space Agency's Olympus in 1993.

LastLegionary said:
History's first recorded toothpaste was an Egyptian mixture of ground pumice and strong wine. But the early Romans brushed their teeth with human urine, and also used it as a mouthwash. Actually, urine was an active component in toothpaste and mouthwashes until well into the 18th century - the ammonia it contains gave them strong cleansing power.

urine also works when you step on sea urchins ... facts you learn growing up so close to the beach.

urine was also used in many other native medicinal practices :O

During the time that the atomic bomb was being hatched by the United States at Alamogordo, New Mexico, applicants for routine jobs like janitors, were disqualified if they could read. Illiteracy was a job requirement. The reason: the authorities did not want their trash or other papers read.

An apple, onion, and potato all have the same taste. The differences in flavor are caused by their smell. To prove this - pinch your nose and take a bite from each. They will all taste sweet.

I believe it is also illegal to paint sparrows and sell them as parrots.

Also, you can't have sex with a goat, but that's only in certain states I think.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by LastLegionary:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

urine also works when you step on sea urchins ... facts you learn growing up so close to the beach.

Urine is also good for burns. No joke, I've tried it. Didnt have any salve at the time so I went to the loo and pissed on my hand (instead of my shoes for a change). Pain stopped.

kuulani said:
LastLegionary said:

I saw an episode of Friends where Monica got stung by a jellyfish and Chandler urinated on her to ease the pain :D

Back