Did you know...?

weird country :eek:

how come the biggest city in the state is not the capital? :confuse3:

i think we only have one of those cases:
Guanajuato, Guanajuato, however the biggest city in Guanajuato state is León.

Luis G said:
weird country :eek:

how come the biggest city in the state is not the capital? :confuse3:

i think we only have one of those cases:
Guanajuato, Guanajuato, however the biggest city in Guanajuato state is León.
Its not size that matters, no matter what other men tell you. Its power and charm. Hence Washington, D.C. is our capital.

It probably also has quite a bit to do with geography. Springfield is just about in the most central point of the state. Chicago is all the way in the NE corner of the state. While Chicago dwarfs Springfield, it's not a very strategic place for a state capital. Same is true for Albany, they're about in the center of the state of New York, NYC is on the east coast. Sacramento for California is another example as well.

i see the point, however most wealth and population centralizes in capitals through the pass of time, that's why i say that it is weird.

either they choose the capitals in an already smaller city, or ......."don't know" :confuse3:

LastLegionary said:
Its not size that matters, no matter what other men tell you. Its power and charm. Hence Washington, D.C. is our capital.
Hey Luis, you didn't get the double meaning did you? :D :p

LL, you are past bored, go outside & play frisbee with some buxom beauty. That way you'll have something in which to fantasize about later. That, and, you're in Canada, it's almost snow season & the skimpy tops & frisbees will be put away soon.

Gonz said:
LL, you are past bored, go outside & play frisbee with some buxom beauty. That way you'll have something in which to fantasize about later. That, and, you're in Canada, it's almost snow season & the skimpy tops & frisbees will be put away soon.
lol I've been working all day. I have a very important meeting this week and my project needs to get finished... And the work I'm doing right now just happens to require a lot of execution time so I get to peek at OTCentral quite a bit :D

But yes, Canada is insanely boring. ;)

Back