Digital Converter Boxes

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
I was wondering if you'd catch that. Yes, he is a load-master .. but see .. my daddy was a Marine .. so .. it is a PX and shall always remain that way ;)

Not to mention it's on the outside of the store .. AAFES PX ... but my man still calls it a BX and I correct him every single time :D

Once you cross into the blue, forever will it be a BX...meaning Base Exchange. PX means Post Exchange...a term for groundpounding mudpuppies like Army and marines.

BTW...Isn't the marine Corps in the Navy Department, making theirs a Navy Exchange or, to the rest of us, an NEX? :p?

nalani

Once you cross into the blue, forever will it be a BX...meaning Base Exchange. PX means Post Exchange...a term for groundpounding mudpuppies like Army and marines.

BTW...Isn't the marine Corps in the Navy Department, making theirs a Navy Exchange or, to the rest of us, an NEX? :p?

Well, I haven't crossed into the blue .. so I'm still a Marine Brat :D
(and I know what BX and PX and NEX mean :p)

And I love the NEX on O'ahu ...

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
To our esteemed Hawaiian babes....

A local radio show was talking about this issue & it's bad news-it seems that if you don't have your coupon in hand, you may be S.O.L. There are no more funds. There will be no more funds. Go buy your box & hope the check is in the mail.

Inkara1

It's been all over the news. The funding for the converter boxes is dried up. Now Obama is talking about rolling back the date from Feb. 17 because of it.

H2O boy

because heaven forbid we have some disadvantaged wastoid unable to watch oprah and be reminded just how disadvantaged they are...

when television sets first hit the market i dont think uncie sam was handing any out for free. my how times have changed

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I recall talking about this following CES in '87. The original changeover date was 1996. We've had over 4 years of reminders.

Obama, let it go. It's time. Some people won't budge until forced to do so.

Inkara1

I'm still trying to figure out why the government decided to give out TWO vouchers per household. I figure if tax dollars are going to subsidize something, it should be the essentials only, not luxuries. It's a lot easier to make a case for ONE TV being essential... a second TV is a luxury by anyone's definition.

Mirlyn

I'm still trying to figure out why the government decided to give out TWO vouchers per household. I figure if tax dollars are going to subsidize something, it should be the essentials only, not luxuries. It's a lot easier to make a case for ONE TV being essential... a second TV is a luxury by anyone's definition.

For the guest/pool house, duh. ;)

pc_builder

I don't think the government should give out any more vouchers. If someone doesn't have their voucher for whatever reason (i.e. procrastination), tough. It's not like the converter boxes are going to be suddenly yanked from production. Let them pay full price. Serves 'em right.

nalani

To our esteemed Hawaiian babes....

A local radio show was talking about this issue & it's bad news-it seems that if you don't have your coupon in hand, you may be S.O.L. There are no more funds. There will be no more funds. Go buy your box & hope the check is in the mail.

Thankfully, I got my vouchers early enough. Ku'u actually doesn't need a converter box - her flat screen is only a few months old LOL.

Unfortunately, we live too deep in the forest so with digital I get only 3 channels and one is the "Harvest of the Earth" Christian channel. Ugh ... I only get Fox and NBC. BOOOOO!!!! HISSSSSS!!!!