do you smell that?

tonksy

soooo...outta complete and utter boredom...ladies...here's a perfume quiz....click me

here's a link with some suggestions for men's cologne...sorry no quiz :shrug:click me

my results

Oriental

Your perfume profile: Exotic

Vanilla, fresh mulled cider, a pepper mill, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger are some of your favorite aromas. Oriental fragrances are usually perceived as sexy and powerful because of the high doses of intriguing and pungent ingredients they contain (such as musk, sandalwood, and caramel).

Word to the wearer:

Oriental fragrances are forces to be reckoned with. While they're great for evening, during the day spray the scent only on your back, advises Cathleen Montrose of the fragrance-development company Firmenich, "As your back heats up against your chair, the fragrance will be released subtly."

Try:

Avon Perceive, Giorgio Beverly Hills G, Zen by Tan Giudicelli, Thierry Mugler Angel Innocent, Fendi Theorema, Gucci Rush, Emporio Armani She, Yves Rocher Neblina, Calgon Moon Petal Musk After Bath Body Mist, Coty Dulce Vanilla,The Healing Garden Gingerlily Theraphy.

what's funny is that i wear 2 of those. :)

Oriental

Your perfume profile: Exotic

Vanilla, fresh mulled cider, a pepper mill, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger are some of your favorite aromas. Oriental fragrances are usually perceived as sexy and powerful because of the high doses of intriguing and pungent ingredients they contain (such as musk, sandalwood, and caramel).

Word to the wearer:

Oriental fragrances are forces to be reckoned with. While they're great for evening, during the day spray the scent only on your back, advises Cathleen Montrose of the fragrance-development company Firmenich, "As your back heats up against your chair, the fragrance will be released subtly."

Try:

Avon Perceive, Giorgio Beverly Hills G, Zen by Tan Giudicelli, Thierry Mugler Angel Innocent, Fendi Theorema, Gucci Rush, Emporio Armani She, Yves Rocher Neblina, Calgon Moon Petal Musk After Bath Body Mist, Coty Dulce Vanilla,The Healing Garden Gingerlily Theraphy.

Floral Your perfume profile: Romantic

You love the scent of a spring garden in bloom, a bouquet of roses, or a lavender sachet. According to Annette Green, president of The Fragrance Foundation, a consumer-education group, florals are one of the most popular fragrance categories due to their ultrafeminine appeal. However, lest you think that all florals smell the same (sweet and girlie), they can range in complexity from single-note scents, like pure rose, to fruity or spicy blends.

^^ wrong ^^

Your perfume profile: Romantic

You love the scent of a spring garden in bloom, a bouquet of roses, or a lavender sachet. According to Annette Green, president of The Fragrance Foundation, a consumer-education group, florals are one of the most popular fragrance categories due to their ultrafeminine appeal. However, lest you think that all florals smell the same (sweet and girlie), they can range in complexity from single-note scents, like pure rose, to fruity or spicy blends.

Word to the wearer:

Florals can be overpowering for daytime use. (If people standing more than an arm's length away comment on your perfume, you might be overdoing it.) Try using just the lotion counterpart to your favorite floral perfume during the day, then spritzing on the scent at night.

Try:
L'Eau de Sonia Rykiel, Ann by Ann Taylor, Caron Eau Pure, Sheer Tiffany, Mary Kay Belara, Le Baiser de Lalique, Robert Isabell Paperwhites, Shiseido Energizing Fragrance.
They actually got it more right with my "also a hint of"... I'm more citrus/fruity than romantic when it comes to my perfume.... My favorite perfume right now is Escada's Island Kiss - before that it was Escada's Tropical Punch - yummy scents! :winkkiss:

Woodsy

Your perfume profile: Outdoorsy
Herbs, pine trees, a cedar chest, and spring rain are all scents that lure you in. Since they contain so many green notes (everything from patchouli to basil, pine, juniper, and oakmoss), woodsy perfumes are ideally suited to those who work outside (or those who'd like to).

Try:
Elizabeth Arden Green Tea, Demeter Pruning Shears, Decleor Aromantic, Tommy Hilfiger Freedom for Her, Trish McEvoy 3.

excuse me, but PRUNING SHEARS? :eek: why would I want to smell like a gardening tool? :eek6:

anyway, these are my favorite perfumes: Ivoire de Balmain, Bal a Versailles, Mariel and Joy :p

I got floral, too. Which is pretty accurate since I use Diorissimo by ... someone. :shrug: It's like honesuckle all bottled up.

I prefer light floral than overpowering sweet floral, though. I like clean, soapy scents the bestest.

*shrugs*

I buy cheap perfume. Bath and Body Works Star Scents in Leo (obviously my sign) and Exclamation. Only one spray of Exclamation though, strong stuff that is.

Is Eau de Toilette really water out of a toilet? I've always wondered how accurate "toilet water" really is.

Inkara1 said:
Is Eau de Toilette really water out of a toilet? I've always wondered how accurate "toilet water" really is.
i think it refers to the old phrase about "taking your toilet" which meant to wash up :shrug: but if i'm wrong i'm sure someone will be around to point it out.

Interesting... does your mom like First by Van Cleef & Arpels? That was my mom's favorite... Arpege was just for a change... when I was a kid she favored L'Air du Temps (not sure of the spelling).

Natalie - I like First....always thought it smelled so 'sophisticated'. My mom's more an Opium or Gloria van der Bijlt type of girl.

BTW - on the list of suggestions for yuou, the Arden Green Tea is very nice & refreshing for Summer, but I'd avoid the Tommy Freedom....I have a bottle that's almost full that I never wear - the fragrance changes too much & it also seems to evaporate very quickly.

Dunno how much help these questions would be when picking perfume - hell my purchases are more influenced by what I'm wearing at the time, my mood & what I think smells 'pretty' rather than what food I like or which of the celebs I identify with (none of those listed anyway). But then I also categorise them in my head as day/night, Summer/Winter, smart/casual...............I know I'm a bit of a freak.....for the 'smarts' I also insist on having the matching bath crystals, body wash, cream, powder etc etc.

Citrus/Fruity

Your perfume profile: Sporty

You adore the essence of fresh-squeezed juice, a wedge of lemon, or ripe pears. Fruity fragrances — which are usually light, crisp, and clean — are perfect for active women shuttling between the office, gym, and home, since they're seldom overpowering.

Word to the wearer:

If your skin is very dry or you live in a cold climate (both of which will make it harder for your skin to retain fragrance), you may want to spritz a bit more liberally — or dab your pulse points with petroleum jelly before spraying on perfume to help the scent stick.

Try:

Parfums d'Orsay Tilleul, Guerlain Pamplelune, French Connection FCUK, Yves Saint Laurent Baby Doll, Lancôme AromaTonic, Candie's for Women, Katia Sport, Naté Naturals Botanical Scentstick, Comptoir Sud Pacifique Kumquat.
Pick a Scent He'll Wear

You are also a hint of:

Oriental

Of the suggestions for me I have the FCUK, which is one of my faves & Yves Saint Laurent, also very nice.

tonks said:
i think it refers to the old phrase about "taking your toilet" which meant to wash up :shrug: but if i'm wrong i'm sure someone will be around to point it out.

Eau de toilette is a less-concentrated fragrance containing less oil and more alcohol. Eau de parfum is more concentrated with more oil rather than alcohol & lasts longer.

Didn't even look at the links, but if any of you ladies wear Anais Anais, please warn me before we meet. It um, does things to me....

Woodsy

Your perfume profile: Outdoorsy

Herbs, pine trees, a cedar chest, and spring rain are all scents that lure you in. Since they contain so many green notes (everything from patchouli to basil, pine, juniper, and oakmoss), woodsy perfumes are ideally suited to those who work outside (or those who'd like to).

Word to the wearer:

Because men's fragrances frequently contain herbal ingredients, they often appeal to woodsy women (see "Pick a Scent He'll Wear" below for more options).
Mmmmm - Patchouli - How'd they know...... :D
I like Juniper breeze too-more of a body mist, than a perfume person...

Ms Ann Thrope said:
Interesting... does your mom like First by Van Cleef & Arpels? That was my mom's favorite... Arpege was just for a change... when I was a kid she favored L'Air du Temps (not sure of the spelling).
Alas, Mom and I have lived 100's of miles away from each other for 25 years. I've lost track of the subtle details of her life. I don't rightly know what she wears anymore.

Back