Does anyone else have one of these?

This is how it looks with the flash... it's a lot bigger than I thought it was going to be... I just hope it doesn't leak! :eek:

[attachment]202864[/attachment]

The only problem area I can forsee would be the bottom seal. I doubt it would leak unless it were knocked over....

I had to put the water in it... it weighs a ton! It isn't so easy to knock over fortunately. :)

I love those things too. It is strangely mesmerizing, isn't it? I like the glass tubes that tell the temperature also. Those things are cool.

I sortta stay away from those things, I don't meld well with them

greenfreak said:
It is strangely mesmerizing, isn't it?
for that exact reason :alienhuh:

Lets just say it I'm not careful, I can spend hours watching my computer de-frag :alienhuh:

/me needs help
:p

I just saw a Galileo's thermometer today in a new shop that's recently opened here.... I must have one, they're really neat. They're not too expensive either... in fact it's a brilliant shop, I got some vanilla and lavender scented tealights... they have at least 30 different varieties... I must go back next week when Katie's back at school because we couldn't go and look at the soft furnishings upstairs as they don't have a lift, and trying to go round the store with her moaning at me gets a to be a pain after about 30 minutes. That child could moan for Britain... and win! :)

i don't have one, but it looks pretty nice, aunty! :)

those galileo thermometers are great yeah, i still want one myself :)

readgalileo.jpg

woah, those looks like condoms.

btw, how do you read the temp on those?

Yeah well, not much passes through glass... ouch! ;) :D

I believe the current temperature is the one that rises to the top... it's on the little metal tag.

there are little labels on the little thingies inside...when the water warms up, different balls go up, having the right temperature written on them

Back