done with the ER

This thread is motivating the hell out of me...I think I'm gonna get a rag and a spray bottle and go wait at the traffic light and wash windshields. We get all the shore traffic from Philly at that light. I should make a killing this summer. :dance:

Squiggy said:
This thread is motivating the hell out of me...I think I'm gonna get a rag and a spray bottle and go wait at the traffic light and wash windshields. We get all the shore traffic from Philly at that light. I should make a killing this summer. :dance:

Just make sure you have that 'Homeless Vet' sign on a piece of cardboard...the crowd just loves that... :rolleyes:

Squiggy said:

If you use anything better than your own piss in that bottle, you have a competitive advantage over the rest of 'em.

So basically he'll go from helping injured and sick people
to dealing with Krazy folks, Hmmmm...

dave won't have trouble finding anything, he is a smart dude...incidentally, i have a job...unless i really screw up this weekend :D

HomeLAN said:
SWEEEEETTTTT!

Where?
waffle house...first shift...which is really hard to get...they usually move people from other shifts to fill the vacancy but the manager and i hit it off and seeing as how i have kids and can't work the other shifts he's gonna give me a try. i'll work this weekend 8-1 for him to see how i'll fit in...pay is more than i thought and it's just around the corner. i think i'll like it...i kinda like the atmosphere (remember that i ran a restaurant for about 10 months) so it could afford me the opportunity to return to school or return to restaurant management as the kids get older....but in the interim, i will wait tables and make a killing.

Congrats tonksy, I was kinda wondering what happened to you, I thought I missed something.

*makes mental note not to piss off tonksy and be one of her killings* :D

Good luck to you Spot, if you can handle the ER, I bet you can handle anything.

that is excellent news tonksy!

hmmm...if i leave now, i might make it there before the end of her shift.... :)

Ain't nothing wrong with waitin tables, when I was managing the restaurants and bars, the waitresses usually made a helluva lot more than I did, and they only had to claim about half of it.

Congrats Tonksy.

:headbang:

Dave, I'm sorry and that's great! Every time we talked 'tech' about medicine, you sounded like you were waffling on that job and the whole ER experience. You've been at it for some time and it's no reflection on you to consider something that isn't ER related. Maybe it's a sign, a good thing, that you're getting out of that department now instead of down the line if it got worse than it already was. You didn't sound burnt out but it might have gotten there if you had stayed. So I'm sorry the decision was so quick but I'm glad that you're moving on to something better and probably more rewarding.

As far as making mistakes goes, although it's a scary thought to non-medical types, everyone makes mistakes from time to time. I'm glad it wasn't the kind that was detrimental and that the patient came out fine. I've seen colossal errors that could have killed people more than once (not my errors, mind you :D). I hope you don't get involved in a legal case with this patient but if you do, I would write down everything now. I was almost involved as a witness in a child abuse case and by the time I was made aware that I might have to testify it was a year later and I had forgotten so much of what had happened that day.

Keep us posted on the job search and good luck with it! I hope you can afford to enjoy at least some of the time off, possibly enjoy the weather. By the way, I have a wedding I'm attending up there in August, I can't remember if you're north, west or south of Boston but it's probably going to be near Whitinsville where they live. If we're close enough to your neck of the woods, maybe we could meet up and do dinner or something. :)

thanks Trish.
that sounds like a doable thing. i had to look up where that town was. its only about 45 minutes from me.

Thats Cool, I'm gonna be doing psych this year at uni, hoping to be a clinical psychologist thingy, but i have to do a multitude of courses, do'h have to do three years on this course just to be added to the register of psychologists, then i canm actually start to train as a clinical psychologist. grrr, damn those long and winding roads.

If only there was a shortcut.... :lloyd:

Back