Donnie Darko

ipmoof

If you haven't seen this - go and check it out. Quite possibly one of the most underrated films ever made, and definitely a top ten all-timer for me.

Had a little rave to u-bart about it at 4am this morning. It's a pretty pschologically-demanding flick and it's weird as hell, so if you don't like that kind of thing then stay clear. Well, actually no, go and rent it anyway - you might learn something. ;)

MuFu.

ipmoof

^bump^

I will continue to bump this thread until someone watches it and can take over the raving. :D

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
I haven't seen it, but i hear it's totally fucking awesome. Hit of the year.

unclehobart

youaredonnie.gif

unclehobart

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/DonnieDarko-1110922/
71 reviews ...

I loved this one: One fee-yucked up movie. I say again...one fee-yucked up film. And gloomy, too! Cheer up, guy, life ain't so bad! Alright, alright, so that's a stupid thing to say, the movie is obviously not about a happy guy in the first place. Okay, let me get back on track here. This film is yet another journey into the very popular recent realm of "mindfuck" films. Pieces which include MEMENTO, MULHOLLAND DRIVE and VANILLA SKY in 2001, and many others before them. Hints of THE SHINING, HEATHERS and LOST HIGHWAY also make their way into this picture, and yet, even though I am relating this film to several others, it's undoubtedly unique onto its own. If there's one thing that you'll take away from this movie, and that's whether you like it or not (it's definitely an acquired taste), is that it's an extremely creative piece of work.

unclehobart

The world is going to end in a little more than twenty-eight days. Donnie Darko knows this because Frank, the human-sized rabbit he hallucinates, told him so.
donnied1.jpg

Donnie Darko is so fascinating because there is no point in the film where it is clear where Kelly is going. One moment, he will have the characters vigorously discussing the sexual habits of Smurfs, the next moment he will have other talking about the wormholes and the possibility of time travel.

flavio

Banned
I loved this movie!

I started a thread a long time ago, but nobody would listen.

SEE? SEE WHAT YOU GET!?!?

flavio

Banned
Look! SEE???!!?!?

Not even one goddam reply :eek: :headbang: ?( :p :grumpy:

"Unsettling and audacious, Richard Kelly's debut feature Donnie Darko is, without question, this year's best apocalyptic time travel movie featuring a malevolent giant bunny."
-- Gary Mairs, CULTUREVULTURE.NET"

ipmoof

Go easy on the spoliers, people - it's way better if you don't know what the fuck it is about beforehand.

You won't know what the fuck it's about afterwards either, but that's the point...