Don't ask, don't tell' is no more

2minkey

bootlicker
Enacted and passed by Bill Clinton but now seen as a bigoted, prejudicial policy. What does that say about our first black president?

i dunno jim, what would you like it to say about our first black president?

to me it doesn't say as much about the president as it does evolving social standards.

catocom

I think doing away with dadt is Obama's greatest achivement to date.
Maybe his only really good one.

Now, lets see how it's going to play out.

2minkey

bootlicker
yes, it will be great when nothing really happens as a result of this.

nope, the military won't become a 'gay sex club.' except the navy, but it always was. and that's too bad, because jim was really looking forward to hanging out at the local air base instead of the highway rest stop.

catocom

yeah, I hope there's enough gays to fill the gap so to speak,
because all the straight guys may be getting discharged.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
This whole NAVY investigation thing is so fucking stupid.

If we can't laugh at ourselves & laugh even harder at the fool next to us, shouldn't we just kill ourselves now?

Imagine, Dec 7 1942, the USS Arizona, the men aboard that tug. Now, image those men in a sensitivity training exercise. They would have stood on deck hoping for a big fat one to hit them.

2minkey

bootlicker
They would have stood on deck hoping for a big fat one to hit them.

more like in the bunks. it was the navy, after all.

006012NavyRestStop.jpg

2minkey

bootlicker
who cares what it "sounds like" to you?

you're going to hear "gays gone wild" in mussorgky's night on a bare mountain.

cuz, you know, they're everywhere.

2minkey

bootlicker
so you also pay the bills for stupid aircraft carrier video skits? where's the outrage there? oh, right, it's all just good fun and games if'n they ain't gays. you couldn't be any more transparent.

ResearchMonkey

Yes. I believe moral of the fighting force out weighs the tender feelings of a few emotional basket cases.

Contrary to what you might believe, there is plenty of down time when not in combat operations.

catocom

so you also pay the bills for stupid aircraft carrier video skits? where's the outrage there? oh, right, it's all just good fun and games if'n they ain't gays. you couldn't be any more transparent.

They do get personal time.
Besides...I might be a little more outraged, if they made anywhere near
the salary that most of the DC crowd makes on average.