Don't You Hate Falling In Love With Something You Can't Have Right Now™

Toolbox™

This is the most recent love of my life. Its going to hurt for a long time... OUCH!

2004 Yamaha YZF-R1 (Really cool FLASH page) :)

04R1_SLV_4_1734.jpg

here are some photos of the last thing i fell in love with and couldn't have....maybe next year. its a hybrid tea rose called "perfect moment"
aah, shit fire, i'll be back with a working photo.

the reddish orangey one is my perfect moment and the other is a new one to me called moonstone.
perfectmoment1.jpg

moonstone.jpg

Toolbox, you are evil incarnate. Now I have to wipe this drool off my keyboard. :lol:

I wouldn't let one park in my driveway. Gimme a Harley Heritage Softtail anyday.

I mean, big whoop. You've a bike that can do 0 to 60 in 2 seconds. You can't ride the damn thing in the city and get out of second gear. It'll do 200 mph. That's great. When's the last time you were on a road smooth enough to break 100? Doing 80 on most roads hereabouts turns the roadbumps into ski jumps.

Professur said:
I wouldn't let one park in my driveway. Gimme a Harley Heritage Softtail anyday.

I mean, big whoop. You've a bike that can do 0 to 60 in 2 seconds. You can't ride the damn thing in the city and get out of second gear. It'll do 200 mph. That's great. When's the last time you were on a road smooth enough to break 100? Doing 80 on most roads hereabouts turns the roadbumps into ski jumps.

I've done 140+ out on the country roads where I live...it's a rush and there is none like it.

markjs said:
I've done 140+ out on the country roads where I live...it's a rush and there is none like it.

Ahh yes. Reminds me of two stories.

1) While on the way to school one morning we found a guy laying in the road. His head was sort of..errm...on backwards. Turns out he had fliped his bike off of the bridge above. Unfortunately his girlfriend came up and started screaming for us to help him. We were like...um the idiot crashed his bike over the bridge...hes dead.

2) This paraplegic I took care of. The neurosurgeon actually wrote this in the progress notes "24 year old rocket scientist attempted to occupy same space as a brick wall by exceding 80mph while on a motorcycle and aligning trajectory on collision course"

Dude never walked or used his arms again....ahh the joys of a life of peeing in a bag and having your poop come out your side...

The risk is all part of the rush....You never roll the dice, you never hit the jackpot....

Still my 140MPH days are done with, one does grow up....Yet I can always remember doing what few people would dare....And living to tell about it.

Yup... I am one of those fools that rides hard whenever I can. And I don't know what it is that keeps me coming back for more. I've had close friends hurt and killed on these bikes and yet, I can't stop myself from getting on mine every time I get the chance.

I Hayabusa is a great bike but after having a GSX-R750, I will never own a Suzuki again. I can't count the number of times I've had to fix something here or there. It is constantly shaking itself apart.

The next bike will definitely be this R1. I simply have to have it! :)

And as always to everyone... ride safe! :)

markjs said:

Toolbox said:
Yup... I am one of those fools that rides hard whenever I can

You guys are welcome to it. The problem is that usually fools like you don't stay to empty country roads. They insist on trying it on public highways. I had one asshole zip right through the space I was lanechanging into (using my flasher). I ride bikes. I know how to look for them. This sonovabitch was about 500' behind me when I started my lane change. He was on my right. I was going left, and this asshole pulls a three lane change, undertaking me to boot. I love my bikes too, but I can't afford the insurance anymore because of speed lovers wrecking themselves.

Oddly enough, people who ride Harleys and Goldwings seldom pull that kinda crap. Maybe it's something to do with the bike?

Toolbox™ said:
Yup... I am one of those fools that rides hard whenever I can. And I don't know what it is that keeps me coming back for more. I've had close friends hurt and killed on these bikes and yet, I can't stop myself from getting on mine every time I get the chance.

I Hayabusa is a great bike but after having a GSX-R750, I will never own a Suzuki again. I can't count the number of times I've had to fix something here or there. It is constantly shaking itself apart.

The next bike will definitely be this R1. I simply have to have it! :)

And as always to everyone... ride safe! :)
Suicidal tendancies?... :lol:

And yes I survived too and lost friends in the past... but like Prof I prefer the Harleys and older Classic bikes to crutch rockets... I don't have anything to prove... :)

I have nothing against Harley's and Cruisers but for some reason, I find sportbikes more attractive. They perform better in every way. People always talk about the way the accelerate and how wreckless other riders are zipping along at 250KPH but they also stop faster and can handle emergency situations better. People tend to forget that.

One of the best feelings about owning a sportbike is how quickly you can get it to stop! Slamming on the front brake is an incredible feeling! The first time I drove the 2002 954RR I actually stopped 30 feet shy of the corner.

But, I didn't post this to argue about what kind of bike and how reckless or safe people can and are... just saying that I like this bike. If I owned it, I'd keep it in a glass box and stare at it all day and keep riding the old one. I'd hate to get this one dirty! :)

To each his own, I will never be able to change the mind of people who don't like them... its just that I do. That's all. :)

My motorcycling days are why I'm sitting at right angles to my desk with my left leg gingerly perched on a soft pillow on another chair... it's the one I crushed and it's gone bright pink and hurts like hell today.

My own fault 'cos I was so busy networking my computers that I neglected to wear the compression stocking that I'm supposed to and sat with my leg down for hours on end over 3 days... hence cellulitis probably... I shall have to see my doctor tomorrow.

Even just sitting at a desk has it's hazards... Sometimes I wish they hadn't saved it... :(

Back