Don't You Hate Falling In Love With Something You Can't Have Right Now™

AlladinSane said:
It doesn't matter which is faster, no other sportbike looks like Yamahas :)
for some reason, i always like the way the old BMW bikes looked.
r1100r98ani.jpg

Re: Don't You Hate Falling In Love With Something You Can't Have Right Now?

Professur said:
I wouldn't let one park in my driveway. Gimme a Harley Heritage Softtail anyday.

I mean, big whoop. You've a bike that can do 0 to 60 in 2 seconds. You can't ride the damn thing in the city and get out of second gear. It'll do 200 mph. That's great. When's the last time you were on a road smooth enough to break 100? Doing 80 on most roads hereabouts turns the roadbumps into ski jumps.

Well if i could afford such a marvel then i would surely be able to afford to take such a marvel to Germany to pay it's due respects justly on wide open highways. Germans love their speed before anything else.

Well since I'm half German, there is no speed limit on the autobahn and I'm off over there to visit my brother early next year, I'll find out won't I?

Wonder how fast my old crate can actually go without blowing a gasket? :D

I have been riding motorcycles way too fast longer than a lot of you have been alive. As Prof says, you have to know your spots. I have had two accidents on the street, both under 50 mph and was not injured in either one. I find the real problem is that you can buy a 150 mph motorcycle without having to learn how to ride one first. My son says that in Japan, you have to qualify to be able to ride bigger, faster bikes. They need that for cars too.

Back