Dr.Laura (open mouth, insert foot)

MrBishop

Seem that Dr. Laura noticed the problems that the Anglicans are having regarding same-sex unions, so being the devout Jew that she is, she decided to throw in her opinion into the fight. Quoting leviticus 18:22 - 22You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination
she promptly said...It's simple really. Follow the bible.

Hmmm...
I wonder how she feels about these ones.

Leviticus 25:44 - 44As for the male and female slaves whom you may have, it is from the nations around you that you may acquire male and female slaves. (I can have American Slaves and Mexican Slaves, I guess)

Exodus 35:2 - For six days shall work be done, but on the seventh day you shall have a holy sabbath of solemn rest to the LORD; whoever does any work on it shall be put to death. (I'm going to the stores and restaurants this Sunday...going to kill me some clerks)

Leviticus 11:10 - 10But anything in the seas or the streams that does not have fins and scales, of the swarming creatures in the waters and among all the other living creatures that are in the waters—they are detestable to you

(No more lobster for my...pity)

leviticus 21:18-24 - 18For no one who has a blemish shall draw near, one who is blind or lame, or one who has a mutilated face or a limb too long, 19or one who has a broken foot or a broken hand, 20or a hunchback, or a dwarf, or a man with a blemish in his eyes or an itching disease or scabs or crushed testicles. 21No descendant of Aaron the priest who has a blemish shall come near to offer the LORD’s offerings by fire; since he has a blemish, he shall not come near to offer the food of his God. 22He may eat the food of his God, of the most holy as well as of the holy. 23But he shall not come near the curtain or approach the altar, because he has a blemish, that he may not profane my sanctuaries; for I am the LORD; I sanctify them. 24Thus Moses spoke to Aaron and to his sons and to all the people of Israel. (I wear glasses....an I still allowed to go to church?)

Leviticus 19:19 - 19 You shall keep my statutes. You shall not let your animals breed with a different kind; you shall not sow your field with two kinds of seed; nor shall you put on a garment made of two different materials. (Oops...hold on a second while I take off my shirt and pants...they're cotton/Polyester blend)

leviticus 11:6-8 - 6The hare, for even though it chews the cud, it does not have divided hoofs; it is unclean for you. 7The pig, for even though it has divided hoofs and is cloven-footed, it does not chew the cud; it is unclean for you. 8Of their flesh you shall not eat, and their carcasses you shall not touch; they are unclean for you. (Can't tough pigskin...no more football?)

Leviticus 24:10-16 - 10 A man whose mother was an Israelite and whose father was an Egyptian came out among the people of Israel; and the Israelite woman’s son and a certain Israelite began fighting in the camp. 11The Israelite woman’s son blasphemed the Name in a curse. And they brought him to Moses—now his mother’s name was Shelomith, daughter of Dibri, of the tribe of Dan— 12and they put him in custody, until the decision of the LORD should be made clear to them.
13 The LORD said to Moses, saying: 14Take the blasphemer outside the camp; and let all who were within hearing lay their hands on his head, and let the whole congregation stone him. 15And speak to the people of Israel, saying: Anyone who curses God shall bear the sin. 16One who blasphemes the name of the LORD shall be put to death; the whole congregation shall stone the blasphemer. Aliens as well as citizens, when they blaspheme the Name, shall be put to death. (Aw Fuck that...God Dammit!!...Shit...I'm fucked now, ain't I?)

leviticus 20:14 - 14If a man takes a wife and her mother also, it is depravity; they shall be burned to death, both he and they, that there may be no depravity among you (WHo'd want to sleep with their mother-in-law anyway?)

deBish

She made sense & was pretty funny before she found God. Now, she just makes sense.

Who put her on the air? I don't know but I can guarantee you the ratings keep her there.

She just can't keep her mouth shut:

WND said:
A Holocaust Studies institute is urging radio talk show host Dr. Laura Schlessinger to retract her on-air comments comparing some U.S. day-care centers to child-rearing practices in Nazi Germany.
WND said:
In November, the Council on American-Islamic Relations, or CAIR, demanded an apology from Schlessinger after receiving complaints the radio counselor denounced Arab-Americans and Muslims on the air.
WND

Of which I'll supply

Schlessinger read a letter from a listener who criticized the lack of attention given to children in some day-care centers, especially those calling themselves ''Child Development Centers.''

Dr. Laura said: ''It sounds like something out of Nazi Germany.''

From November:
...the comments came in response to a mother who asked whether her 16-year-old daughter should take part in a Catholic high school class's field trip to a local mosque.

Schlessinger, replied to the mother:

"This is a class on morals. What is the point of going to a mosque? ... You're joking of course. How many Americans have tortured and murdered Muslims. I think you ought to stand up against this class and this teacher. This is despicable. You tell him you are willing to go to the mosque only if it is one that has done its best to rout out terrorists in its midst. Instead of complaining.
"I am horrified that you would let her go. I am so sick and tired of all the Arab-American groups whining and complaining about some kind of treatment. What culture and what religion were all the murderers of 9-11? They murdered us. That's the culture you want your daughter to learn about?"

Schlessinger refused to apologize for her comments. She emphasized her remarks "were quite specific to terrorists and the people who harbor them. Not to Muslims or Arabs in general."

is she a jew for jesus? she is not nor was she ever really funny to me. just annoying as all hell. and what she said about teh Muslims shows her hateful side and she justified it by saying she only meant terrorists. thats a load of BS. she hates all of them

she's also said some really mean things about wiccans and their faith. she said it's not a legitimate religion, so on so forth.

by her standards, it seems that what religions are and are not legitimate is determined solely by if one has a good personal opinion of them or not.... pfffffffffft

ash r said:
she's also said some really mean things about wiccans and their faith. she said it's not a legitimate religion, so on so forth.

by her standards, it seems that what religions are and are not legitimate is determined solely by if one has a good personal opinion of them or not.... pfffffffffft

Ash, your president doesn't consider it a legitimate religion. I think we should be more worried about that than something some insignificant loud-mouthed bitch has to say about it.

George W. Bush said:
I don't think that witchcraft is a religion.

i knew there was a really, really, really really really good reason not to like him :( besides the usual why-i-hate-the-president reasons :(

ash r said:
i knew there was a really, really, really really really good reason not to like him :( besides the usual why-i-hate-the-president reasons :(
but they're all the same...they say things like that because that's what they think the majority of american want to hear...then do whatever they want... :shrug:

tonks said:
but they're all the same...they say things like that because that's what they think the majority of american want to hear...then do whatever they want... :shrug:

Thanks for noticing. You know most people believe there's a difference?!?!?!?

Back