Driving buddy.

Professur

Am I the only one to do this? Every car I've ever owned, I've had a driving buddy. The getaway colt had my lizard. The van has a monkey. All the others had something or other as a mascot. Gave me someone to talk to in traffic.

Nope, I don't personally, but I know folks who do. One friend has a stuffed pickle with a cape (Superpickle, of course) that gets velcroed to the triple clamp of every motorcycle he's owned since I've known him. :D

*Insert obscure subreference to Arlo Guthrie here.*

i had a friend named mike ernst that had flossy the wonder chicken in his VW somethingorother...a jetta perhaps...she hung from the rear view...gave me something to fiddle with while in traffic.
my sentra had a stitch bobblehead dressed as elvis superglued to the hood like a hood ornament...bobbled from the hip. he lasted about 6 months before someone swiped him while my ex was at work.

I've got a wobbly plastic jesus that has lived on the dashboard of the last 4 or 5 vehicles I've owned........kinda like the lil' fella :)

I talk to the car sometimes, but no driving buddy. Well, I did have a little Timon that hung around with me for awhile, but I never talked to him, that would be crazy.

Too busy swearing at other drivers to hold a conversation with an inanimate object inside the car.

I don't talk to it, but I have a Japanese "good luck" cat on my dashboard. I "stole" it from my best buddy's wedding last year. Luckily, there's a spot above the HVAC controls and next to the speedometer that I can wedge it into so it will stay put without glue.

I'll take a picture of it a little later to show you.

I don't ahve a buddy per-se, though i used to have a little plastic chicken and a little rubber Lizard on my dash (Chucky and Larry).

I now have some baby shoes and some wedding bells on my rear-view and a stress-car (a little car made out of foam that I squeeze the hell out of when I'm in traffic)

I'm not counting the countless toys that my son leaves in the car as 'buddies'. They're more like annoyances...especially if they slids under my brake pedal...Squish...another flat Hotwheels car!

Inkara1 said:
I don't talk to it, but I have a Japanese "good luck" cat on my dashboard. I "stole" it from my best buddy's wedding last year. Luckily, there's a spot above the HVAC controls and next to the speedometer that I can wedge it into so it will stay put without glue.

I'll take a picture of it a little later to show you.

in hawaii, restaurant and business owners have that cat displayed ... good luck to bring more $$ in ... something about its facing the doorway ...

according to google, "In business the Maneki Neko is said to bring success. This is because her raised paw beckons in customers. It also welcomes in personal happiness and harmony. "

paul_valaru said:
I don't want a pickle, I just want to ride on my motorcy-kle

And I don't wanna diiiiiiieeeeee...........

Just wanna ride on my motorcyyyyyyyyyyyy..........
cle.
:lloyd:

Although, as biker songs go, Steppenwolf is king, Frank Zappa the crown prince.

when i find my little giraffe i will put it in my car.
i have a plastic pink flocked bunny in my glove compartment, because he didnt fit in the back window.
i also have a collection of cute little stuffed bats! they will adorn my car when i either get more or decide to have them stop adorning my monitor and workspace.

Ive had the same little Celebrator Dopple Bock plastic goat pendant hanging from my rear view mirror since 1995 I think. Its on its second car at this point and going on three fast. Its just a totum though. I never talk to it.

Back