driving on auto pilot

kuulani

oh hell.

this morning was so blah. i was driving along, singing to myself, then i realized ... oh crap, my daughter is singing along with me. i was literally 1 minute away from work, & there were my two kids in the backseat ... i forgot to drop them off at the babysitter's house. [homer]d'oh[/homer]

good thing the babysitter lives only 15 minutes from work.

I autopilot too damn often. We were heading to a restaurant, and I suddenly realized that I was driving to work instead. I couldn't tell you what's on the road to the cottage. I haven't seen it in years.

Ditto that....though with Bishjr. he lets me know that he's still there...with a constant banter about his favorite topic...everything! :D

I've gone so far as to park my car in my work's lot and get out and THEN realized that I was on my way to the pharmacy or something :D

rob always tells me when he's leaving too but for some reason i like to make him tea/coffee when he isn't here.

It's OK, just so long as you don't arrive at work and leave the kids in the car for 8 hours.

i've lost count of the number of times Diana has had to remind me where we are going. we'll be going to the store and i'll just start driving, usually in the wrong direction.

kuulani said:
oh hell.

this morning was so blah. i was driving along, singing to myself, then i realized ... oh crap, my daughter is singing along with me. i was literally 1 minute away from work, & there were my two kids in the backseat ... i forgot to drop them off at the babysitter's house. [homer]d'oh[/homer]
:laugh5:

Don't you hate when you walk into a room for something....and then turn around and walk out only to walk back in and stand there with this dumb ass face on, saying..."What did I come in here for". Walk back out of the room and OH Yeah, go back in and get what you wanted! :alienhuh: :D

I've shot past daycare too many times to count as it is on the way to Tonksys work and the bank and the grocery.... Its really easy to get out of whack.

Inkara1 said:
It's OK, just so long as you don't arrive at work and leave the kids in the car for 8 hours.

an idiot girl i know actually did that. leave her son in the car, parked in the front of the bar where she worked. fortunately, a coworker called the cops. the girl actually didn't think anything was wrong.

she should be shot.

OK fess up... who here was making coffee in the morning (instant or otherwise) and has put the urn in the fridge and the tried to put the milk into the coffee-maker ?I wish that I had a camera so that I could take a picture of my own face with that flummoxed-ox look on my face :D

Around here, the only thing we call an "urn" is what ashes go into after a cremation. That's not something I would want to keep in the fridge.

Professur said:
But you gotta admit, that would make one kick ass coffee mug.
If you're related to the Adam's Family.

Ku' - that's so damn cute! She was singin' with you!!! I love that.

I drive an hour to and from work everyday. Most days I get home and I think back about the trip. Do I remember going down Ridenour Hill? Do I remember driving through Belle, Rich Fountain, Westphalia? Nope, none of it, but I must have, I'm home.

It really seems like at least 80% of the drivers in my area are complete fucking morons, so I find it necessary to pay more attention, especially in the "trouble" areas (crossing the freeway during rush hour or where the higway I live on narrows to two lanes). I still don't understand where someones mind makes the "Sure, it's worth risking my life and yours to get out into fast moving traffic and get home 10 seconds sooner" leap of "logic." Me, I'm just trying to get home intact.

Back