Dud gifts

tonksy

So from time to time everyone receives a real doozy of a dud and you wonder what the heck they were thinking.
What's your worst this year? Worst of all time?
This year so far I have escaped a bad one...although I did end up with a stodgy Lenox tea light burner at the women's club white elephant gift swap. Of course the year is not over yet but I can't imagine I should get anything that isn't fitting from the remaining givers.
The worst of all time is a toughy...it's either the most hideously cheap leather jacket that made me look like a scorched marshmallow or the ugly fake Cabbage Patch kid I received as a child. Both from my Mother, go figure.

Worst of all time: I was 12. My Mom had just remarried. I now had a step-brother who is 2 years older than me. The following Christmas he got an 8-track stereo system....I got a fishing rod and an ugly wooden, fish shaped, wall hanger to hang my rod-n-reel. I was devastated.......scared for life :crying3:

i think the worst gifts are all the fairy crap i get each year.
i really liked fairies when i was a young-to-middle teenager, as some of you may remember, and a lot of my relatives still just send me fairy stuff every year. if i get ONE MORE fairy incense burner....!
i feel almost lucky that i don't actually get that many gifts anymore.

Worst of all time: I was 12. My Mom had just remarried. I now had a step-brother who is 2 years older than me. The following Christmas he got an 8-track stereo system....I got a fishing rod and an ugly wooden, fish shaped, wall hanger to hang my rod-n-reel. I was devastated.......scared for life :crying3:

Is that why you have such an expensive home theater setup now?

An Old navy flannel from the clearence rack priced at an hefty $3.99...I use it to wipe the car.

A horse. 3rd grade, we lived in Texas on 10 acres. I wanted a motorcycle. The horse hated me. I hated him. We disagreed & by spring it was sold off & I still didn't get a motorcycle. In fact, I got noting to replace this POS gift. Stupid horse.

Some idiot got me a Madonna album once. Once. I wonder if he's walking yet?

OTOH, in 1983, when Lick It Up came out, every one of my friends wanted to be the one to get me the first KISS LP sans makeup. I think I got like 15-20 of them. Silly fools. They should have known I camped for it and got it myself one minute after release. But at least I got to do a ton of exchanges...

The worst Christmas present ever was a coffee mug that said "Leave Me Alone I'm Being Creative". It had a picture of a lady on it in the middle of all of this crafty stuff. At the time I was in Jr. High and didn't do crafts.

I didn't receive any bad gifts this year. Mostly stuff I really needed i.e. a new tube of mascara, a muffin baking stone, stuff like that.

Back