dumbing down the planet.

Professur

I dedicate this thread to news articles demonstrating the trend of how everyone is being made to bend to the needs of the LCD (Lowest Common Dunce) I open the bidding with:

Ireland debates switch to right-hand driving

DUBLIN (Reuters) - Ireland should consider giving up driving on the left to reduce accidents by foreigners accustomed to right side motoring, a senior politician said on Friday.

Donie Cassidy, the leader of Ireland's upper chamber Senate, cited Sweden -- which moved to the right in 1967 -- as an example of a country that switched decades after most of Europe did.

Ireland's economic growth over the past decade has attracted tens of thousands of workers especially from central and eastern European countries. It is also a popular tourist destination for visitors from the United States.

"We have all of these people coming in from Europe and from America and (because of) the roads that they are used to driving on in their own countries it is a huge difficulty when they start driving here," Cassidy told public broadcaster RTE.

"I know when I go to America it takes me five or six days to adjust."

Motoring body the AA said the idea was "completely impractical".

As another remedy, Cassidy suggested in the Senate on Thursday that people from countries driving on the right should observe a 50 mile (80 km) per hour speed limit, compared with speeds up to 120 km permitted for Irish drivers.

Besides Ireland, many former British colonies such as India and Australia keep to the left as does Japan.

(Reporting by Andras Gergely; editing by Elizabeth Piper)

Source

So because a few tourists are incapable of recognizing that they shouldn't be behind the wheel, we'll demand change from the masses who can. Brilliant!!

Please reserve comments in this thread to your own posts and articles. Discussion of other people's lines of monologue should take place in you own personal thread elsewhere, preferably in the LL. I ask the moderation staff to police this thread and remove comments not following these guidelines. Thank you.

I have this argument with my boss all the time. He's always dumbing things down instead of forcing people to use their heads.

I think the reasoning behind this stinks.

Computers are to blame (actually they aren't), they make things so much easy for people that they expect to have all the numbers/data/problem solved with just a click. Hence, they stop using their brain.

I wonder if that's why students are becoming dumber with each new generation.

That is sad. On a related note, we've been hiring alot of Indian contractors at work lately, apparently they drive on the left side of the road too, as they walk on the left side of the hallways as well. I think I will suggest that we all walk on the left side of the hallways in order to make things easier.

And all the wimmenz should wear a red dot on their foreheads?

Re the subject at hand, I suspect it's harder to find a news story that doesn't involve the dumbing down of the planet.

wimmenz? Nah, they should all quit work and go home and fix us supper!

Why have them wear a red dot on their foreheads when they have 2 perfect dots on their breasts?

Indeed, the really ironic thing is that my company got bought last year. By an Indian outsourcing company... So, we are now contracting with Indians here in the heartland... It just all seems so odd. We all keep wondering if we aren't really hiring people from our own company and just don't know it.

I dedicate this thread to news articles demonstrating the trend of how everyone is being made to bend to the needs of the LCD (Lowest Common Dunce) I open the bidding with:

I have this argument with my boss all the time. He's always dumbing things down instead of forcing people to use their heads.

I think the reasoning behind this stinks.

Computers are to blame (actually they aren't), they make things so much easy for people that they expect to have all the numbers/data/problem solved with just a click. Hence, they stop using their brain.

I wonder if that's why students are becoming dumber with each new generation.

That is sad. On a related note, we've been hiring alot of Indian contractors at work lately, apparently they drive on the left side of the road too, as they walk on the left side of the hallways as well. I think I will suggest that we all walk on the left side of the hallways in order to make things easier.

And all the wimmenz should wear a red dot on their foreheads?

Re the subject at hand, I suspect it's harder to find a news story that doesn't involve the dumbing down of the planet.

wimmenz? Nah, they should all quit work and go home and fix us supper!

Why have them wear a red dot on their foreheads when they have 2 perfect dots on their breasts?

Indeed, the really ironic thing is that my company got bought last year. By an Indian outsourcing company... So, we are now contracting with Indians here in the heartland... It just all seems so odd. We all keep wondering if we aren't really hiring people from our own company and just don't know it.

why cling to something the brits have been wrong about for a long time?

Professur said:
Please reserve comments in this thread to your own posts and articles. Discussion of other people's lines of monologue should take place in you own personal thread elsewhere, preferably in the LL.

I guess the dumbing down is now complete.

*Leaves*

Please reserve comments in this thread to your own posts and articles. Discussion of other people's lines of monologue should take place in you own personal thread elsewhere, preferably in the LL. I ask the moderation staff to police this thread and remove comments not following these guidelines. Thank you.

I don't follow orders very well.

stupid_signs.jpg

Welcome to OTC...I'm Gonz, the right wing nutjob & I'll serve as guide in the Real World.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,329669,00.html

Mandatory School Spanish Classes Anger Texas Parents

Leigh Allison, the mother of fifth-grader Ashleigh, said the policy makes life easier for Hispanic immigrants and her daughter shouldn't be forced to conform, according to a report on Star-Telegram.com.

"She wants to be that one voice that forces them to learn English," Leigh Allison told the paper. "We're not going to turn America into a bilingual country to accommodate you."

Actually...that red dot denotes a woman who is married. You may now go back to your prosletysing...[cue pedanticman]

Actually...that red dot denotes a woman who is married. You may now go back to your prosletysing...[cue pedanticman]

Whatever, it would be best if they got rid of the stupid dot anyway. I was merely suggesting a proper substitute ;)

Back