DVD-Audio

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
It is just :eek2:

The format was unknown to me til I bought an Audigy 2 NX for use with my laptop. I installed the card and then I saw this application to play dvd-audio, after one day I noticed that the card came with a dvd-audio that is labelled "DVD-Audio Sampler Disc" and I discarded it because I thought it was an application, shouldn't it be named "DVD-Audio Sample Disc" instead??, anyway.... when the disc loaded the quality was AMAZING, the sound is solid and cristal to say the least.

After hearing the sample disc I went out and bought Karl Orff's Carmina Burana, and now my room is shaking :D :D :D

Luis G said:
It is just :eek2:

The format was unknown to me til I bought an Audigy 2 NX for use with my laptop. I installed the card and then I saw this application to play dvd-audio, after one day I noticed that the card came with a dvd-audio that is labelled "DVD-Audio Sampler Disc" and I discarded it because I thought it was an application, shouldn't it be named "DVD-Audio Sample Disc" instead??, anyway.... when the disc loaded the quality was AMAZING, the sound is solid and cristal to say the least.

After hearing the sample disc I went out and bought Karl Orff's Carmina Burana, and now my room is shaking :D :D :D
I heard Dark Side of the Moon on SACD (I think it was) on a very high end system and it was fantastic. From what I've read, DVD-A is theoretically 250x better than regular CD. If thats true, I can only imagine DVD-A. :D

for 99.999% of systems there can't be any benefit to be heard from better than CD quality, IMO anywho.

does dvd-a have a longer playtime or is it still pegged at 74/80 minutes?

Back