E-bay weary

IDLEchild

Anybody here an expert on e-bay or anyone who doesn't shop at e-bay once every 2 years?

I found this incredible deal on this camera I have been eyeing and as usual if it's too good to be true, it probably isn't.

The seller has a 98.1% rating and from all the negative replies I read, all of them were followed through with explanations with many withdrawn feedbacks. Many of them were customer stupidity and many arising from international shipping and payment problems but still...

...the iffy feeling remains.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Canon-EOS-30D-D...7QQihZ003QQcategoryZ43454QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Thats the item. So..any pointers? I've read about 30 pages of feedback and im starting to get confident but I barely ever use e-bay and have been burned before...

Item ended, so hopefully you were able to get rid of your fears because of the imperfect rating. A rating of over 98 percent with that many transactions is as good as you could expect to see. Wal-Mart would probably have a 80 percent positive rating... maybe 90 percent, and you wouldn't have any hesitation shopping there, I'm sure.

I've bought on several occasions, but stuff that I couldn't find locally. I had one bad experience, but it was quickly resolved...the honor system works better on eBay than in any store I've ever walked into.

Bought and sold. Problems are quite rare but I pay a lot of attention to what I'm doing and who I'm doing business with.

Back