early morning annoyances

Dave

9:30 in the morning and i already have a headache from dealing with the cable and phone companies.
i kept the cable account active at the old place for her nephew. he will be paying the bill there. that account was set up for auto-pay. i got last months bill in and it said balance due: $0.00. i called and cancelled the auto pay. yesterday i got a bill with a past due amount and the typical condescending message on the bill about not paying the previous months bill. i checked on-line and the previous statement made note of the auto-pay.i called and asked about this discrepancy.apparently when i cancelled the auto-pay it was two days before they actually took the money out of the account. i wish they would have mentioned that when i cancelled the auto-pay. annoyance factor: 4 out of 10
i have AT&T for a long distance carrier. tried calling her at work last night and couldnt get through. i called them this morning to see why. press 1 for this, press 2 for that....repeat several times.....finally a person. seems the account has a block on it. i couldnt get an answer why the account was blocked because that department isnt staffed on the weekend. its a brand new account and i didnt get the first bill till yesterday. now it is obvious to anyone with half a brain that i am pissed off about this so i ask what the phone number is for that department so i can bitch at them on monday. the "customer service" rep on the phone tries 5 times to sell me on a "better" long distance plan. after telling her i'm not interested 5 times, she tries again. i snapped. i'd recount what i said, but i dont remember the exact order of the profanities. i'd have given the customer service rep bonus points for maintaining her composure, but i have a sneaking suspicion she wasnt entirely certain of what i had just said. annoyance factor: initially a 3 but rose to a 7 by the time i got off the phone.

now i'm off to fire up the xbox and get some target practice in on doom 3 before heading off to work...

Wow, your day started off crap. :gmorning:

I try and not deal with actual people too early in the morning. My worst is usually *mooooooooooooooooooooom**knockknock**it's time to get uppppppppppp**knockknock**what's for breakfast?!**knockknock*

i dont have kids so i'd have to replace this:

*mooooooooooooooooooooom**knockknock**it's time to get uppppppppppp**knockknock**what's for breakfast?!**knockknock*
with:

*bark* *bark* *bark* *whine* *woof*
early in the morning

:)

i'd kill him if he did that. not intentionally, more of a reaction type thing.
i keep the bedroom door shut so he cant do things like that.

Sorry man! I feel your pain. I really dread making those phone calls, unless I'm already in a mood and feel like taking it out on them for some wrongdoing. :D

Good thing that doesn't screw up your credit report huh? Are you going to raise holy hell on Monday so you get what you want? Or try to be nice again? I'd go with the holy hell, personally. You tend to get more results that way, sadly.

Nixy said:
The armed forces make you get up that early?!

Oh no! That is when I am working in the real world.

When on ship, you get little sleep... very little sleep! Especially if you have the "mids" watch.

by monday i may be calling them to cancel the service. i plan on looking at other plans over the weekend as time permits.

K62 said:
Oh no! That is when I am working in the real world.

When on ship, you get little sleep... very little sleep! Especially if you have the "mids" watch.

Oh are you not fully in the armed forces? You work elsewhere too?

Yup, I'm a reservist.

I am 2nd year carpenter apprentice in the real world.

IMG_0558.jpg

K62 said:
Yup, I'm a reservist.

I am 2nd year carpenter apprentice in the real world.

IMG_0558.jpg

ooooh you're mean. To be throwing pics of your sexy self at a woman in a drought :la:

On another note...how high is that beam?? Looks high enough that you should be tied off mister *handonhip

LOL,

Well, I *should* be tied off on anything over 11' (I think it is)
That doesn't happen too much on residential sites though.

K62 said:
LOL,

Well, I *should* be tied off on anything over 11' (I think it is)
That doesn't happen too much on residential sites though.

It's 10' (3m)

And the last two were not on jobsites so that was your choice :p

A.B.Normal said:
Workers Comp rules are set provincially so his may be 11' :shrug:

Here it isn't a worker's comp rule...it's some safety board rule...may still be provincial...but it's not worker's comp that sets it I don't think...I think worker's comp just follows whatever it is that is set by someone else :eyebrow:

Back