Ebay feedback dilemma

Sharky

I recently purchased a T-shirt on Ebay. It has an iron-on transfer of the movie poster for a movie about the town I live in. (reviews of the movie: Amazon, Rotten Tomatoes)

The seller has 98.3% positive feedback out of 3314 sales, and the few negatives he has received echo my "complaint". However, the product was exactly as advertised, so I don't feel like I was ripped off or anything, but the transfer is fairly poor quality (pixellated and applied slightly cockeyed, which is actually appropriate because my town is pixellated and slightly cockeyed).

Should I leave negative feedback or a positive feedback with a caveat, or a neutral feedback? I don't want to badmouth the seller, but I'm not 100% satisfied, either.

How important is the feedback, anyway?

BTW, the seller posted a very nice feedback praising my fast response and payment.

Atleast he left feedback first rather than waiting for your feedback. I'd say even though his product was exactly as described yet you feel you've somehow been duped in some sly way or if you feel it's just a poor product then leave a neutral. Neutrals or for just that, anything other than complete satisfaction. As long as you feel you're being honest.

Since there wasn't any outright deception by the seller, and it is a nice, thick Hanes t-shirt, I went ahead and left a positive feedback saying "Fast shipping, product as advertised" with a wink ;) .

I probably should have left a neutral as you suggested, Hex. But after going back and looking at the photo a little more closely, you can see the pixellation, and believe it or not, the transfer appears crooked in the photo, just as it looks on the shirt. :shrug:

So, to be perfectly honest, I got what I bid for. I can't fault the seller for my failure to notice the obvious defects in the item. That would bring bad karma.

Caveat emptor! :cool:

better than leaving negative feedback. I did that once... got into a email war beteween me, him and ebay..saying that I'd ruined his rep.

Schmuck! The product was certainly not 'near mint', as promissed... it was stained from coffee, ripped in a few places and had a whole page removed.

Give credit where credit is do. That's what makes the system work. What really makes me angry is when people leave negative feedback as retribution because you gave them a neg when they deserved it and you didn't. The big sellers have the upper hand at this because their feedback systems are automated and they won't leave feedback until you do. They ought to have a rule that the seller must always leave feedback first.

Back