Educational reimbursement

greenfreak

Does anyone get Educational Reimbursement from their employers? If so what did you do with it?

I went to school for MCSE/Novell/A+ but only got a few certs under my belt before the curriculum changed from NT 4.0 to 2000. I never bothered to get my A+ but want to start there, take the test.

I just got Exam Essentials 5.0 which is a testing program for a bunch of stuff including A+ so I approached my boss today about it. He said they will reimburse me for the cert costs of taking the A+ tests and will look into getting me Dell certified. I tried to propose HP certification but he turned that down.

Now I'm wondering what else I should go for... Books? Learning software? There's really no other certs I can go far which fit into my job description--I'm not really a part of the Networking Dept. even though I do some of it.

Just curious if anyone else has done this... :)

Books are always good... my last employer we had a "library". Basically pretty much any book you wanted, and could half justify, you could get bought... We had loads of good stuff there

I just tested out of an A+ class yesterday, maybe i should go get certified one of these years.

Back