eeeeeeeeeeeeee

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
so...if my TV (about 3 years old) is feedbacklike squealing intermittently, (stops with a good pound) it's on it's way to pooched, right? I should start socking away dough cause it's only gonna get worse till I go mad and put a chair through it?

Memorex. It's been going on for months really, just getting more noticeable and annoying now. I'm very not impressed. Don't see buying another one of theirs.

Ooh, I remember that! My old tv also used to come up with red bars across the screen. Lasted a good 5 years afterwards though, like you say, nothing a good pound won't fix.

BeardofPants said:
Alright, where'd I put that 2x4?? :eek6:
*decides to run off his with latex superhero pants instead
:alienhuh: *tries to figure out whats a more disturbing image Inky "in" or "out" of latex superhero pants.

You have several options before resorting to a 12 pound hammer:

• As much as you would like to dunk the TV in sound deadening insulation, this should be avoided as it will interfere with with proper cooling. However, the interior of the entertainment center cabinet can be lined with a non-flammable sound absorbing material, perhaps acoustic ceiling tiles. Hopefully, not a lot of sound energy is coming from the front of the set.
  • Move the TV out of a corner if that is where it is located - the corner will focus sound energy into the room.
  • Anything soft like carpeting, drapes, etc. will do a good job of absorbing sound energy in this band. Here is your justification for purchasing those antique Persian rugs you always wanted :).
Plus real tips for getting rid of the whine

Listen to Extremely loud music
and destroy all your high frequency hearing and
voila no more high voltage transformer whine for you!

Back