ELO tourches 5 Million in SUVs

AnomalousEntity

I really really cant stand the ELO, and they completely ruin it for anyone with environmental ideas in much the same way Eric Rudolph ruins it for those people with conservative ideals.

Having said that, I also hate the SUV soccer moms with a passion. I tend to group them all into the same category as the guy in the snickers commercial who bought "The larges SUV ever made, only comes in 2 colors-gun metal and black-I got gun metal. Costs me 1/2 a C note to fill it up. It has CD/DVD/GPS/ABS/SAS/TAC/and BS."

So...thinking along those lines...this is pretty dammed funny!

WEST COVINA, Calif. (Aug. 23) - Two young men shown in a surveillance videotape released by the FBI are the prime suspects in a $2.5 million vandalism and arson spree that targeted sports utility vehicles parked at car dealerships and on city streets, officials said.

Slogans such as ''Fat, Lazy Americans'' and ''I (heart) pollution'' were painted on vehicles during the early Friday attacks concentrated in Los Angeles' eastern suburbs in the San Gabriel Valley.

The radical Earth Liberation Front stated in an unsigned e-mail Friday that the incidents were ''ELF actions'' but added it had not be in contact with those responsible.

The underground group has taken responsibility for vandalizing sport utility vehicles at dealerships in Santa Cruz, Erie, Pa., Seattle and Eugene, Ore., and earlier this month claimed responsibility for burning a San Diego area apartment building that was under construction.

At a news conference Friday night, officials with the FBI and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives said they were investigating ELF's connection but hadn't ruled out others might be involved.

The surveillance video showed two white men, possibly in their late teens, darting from car to car, spray-painting graffiti on vehicles at a car dealership.

About 20 vehicles, mostly Hummers, were torched about 5 a.m. at the Clippinger Chevrolet in West Covina and other vehicles were badly damaged, said Rick Genovese, West Covina's assistant fire chief.

SUVs at a Mercedes-Benz dealership in Arcadia and Ford and Mitsubishi dealerships in Duarte also were vandalized. The surveillance videotape was from the Ford dealership in Duarte.

Several SUVs parked on residential streets in Monrovia were tagged with ''ELF'' and other slogans, said Sgt. Tom Wright.

There were no other fires at dealerships, but one SUV in Monrovia was set ablaze in front of someone's home, Wright said. The car was also sprayed with graffiti.

The ELF has claimed responsibility for a slew of arson attacks against commercial entities that members say threaten or damage the environment. It is suspected in a $50 million arson Aug. 1 fire that destroyed a five-story housing complex under construction in San Diego's fast-growing northern edge.

ELF tends to distance itself from criminal acts but urges others to commit them, said Randy Parsons, assistant special agent in charge of the counterterrorism branch of the Los Angeles FBI office.

''They tend to use very young folks because they are impressionable,'' he said. ''They like to manipulate and use people.''

Parsons said the perpetrators face multiple charges of arson, which carries a penalty of five to 20 years in prison for each count.

AP-NY-08-23-03 0521EDT

Copyright 2003 The Associated Press. The information contained in the AP news report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press. All active hyperlinks have been inserted by AOL.

chcr

Too cute for words
What about The Travelling Wilburys? Did they burn any?

PS. I haven't smoked dope in over five years. I'm afraid someone will ask me to pee in a cup, and I don;t think an occasional buzz is worth giving up my job over.

AnomalousEntity

chcr said:
The Electric Light Orchestra burned some cars???? :retard:

Now see...thats what happens when you trying to post with your SO standing there with the keys in their hands screaming at you to hurry up.

Doooooohhhhh.

"All I can remember is a short fat man who wears a short sleeved shirt. He is very important to me. I think his name is .....homer"

Lt. O'neal: SG1

Crap you know I meant ELF. My bad.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Look, it wasn't the band ELO, jeez, it was those cookie making little pusbuckets. ELF, as in Keebler :rolleyes:

AnomalousEntity

chcr said:
What about The Travelling Wilburys? Did they burn any?

PS. I haven't smoked dope in over five years. I'm afraid someone will ask me to pee in a cup, and I don;t think an occasional buzz is worth giving up my job over.

You know I was having a good evening till you reminded me that Roy was dead..... :crying4:

AnomalousEntity

Gonz said:
Look, it wasn't the band ELO, jeez, it was those cookie making little pusbuckets. ELF, as in Keebler :rolleyes:

I never trusted those little bastards. Living all high and mighty in their tree house. Thinking they were better than everyone. Tempting little kids to eat their "cookies".

Nothing surprises me about them. They just look guilty with their little hats and their shifty little eyes. :lloyd:

SexyBoo

AnomalousEntity said:
I never trusted those little bastards. Living all high and mighty in their tree house. Thinking they were better than everyone. Tempting little kids to eat their "cookies".
Nothing surprises me about them. They just look guilty with their little hats and their shifty little eyes. :lloyd:
Never did trust those damn elves! Real suspicious acting if you ask me! :disgust:

Inkara1

Yeah, that's one thing those wacko tree-hugger girls have going for them... they know how to give some really fiery hummers. :D