Ethanol will have to depend on campaign promises to survive

they'd need a special lane because they's retarded and slow? not sure i understand what you're getting at.
speed may be a possible factor in some areas, but there might need be
like some kind of little self server roadside stations, for some kind of quick
servicing.
A quick recharge, a natural gas/hydrogen emergency hookup, ...
I don't know which direction will take off, but I'm just thinking of cause and effect
in several possibilities.
Put um every few miles or so.

Also add more like bicycle lanes.

Bike lanes keep the bikes from slowing down cars. I can't imagine why they would be annoying.

eh, they just need to fix the route, and enforce the law.

If there's laws, not much works right, unless they are enforced.

Not really

um, yeah, really.

the self-righteous fuckhead cyclists here believe that they have the rights of a vehicle and those of a pedestrian (i.e. always have the right of way), which are invoked arbitrarily, in frequently unsafe and highly unpredictable ways. they suck.

prefer not to stop for red lights? prefer to cleverly and stealthily pass cars on the right side as they are trying to turn right on red?

get a bike.

move to seattle.

act like you're the world's fucking saviour because you're living a lifestyle of sustainability :barfonu: in some puny way.

yell at those bad motorists who, despite all reasonable efforts, cannot anticipate your every whimsical move.

um, yeah, really.

the self-righteous fuckhead cyclists here believe that they have the rights of a vehicle and those of a pedestrian (i.e. always have the right of way), which are invoked arbitrarily, in frequently unsafe and highly unpredictable ways. they suck.

prefer not to stop for red lights? prefer to cleverly and stealthily pass cars on the right side as they are trying to turn right on red?

get a bike.

move to seattle.

act like you're the world's fucking saviour because you're living a lifestyle of sustainability :barfonu: in some puny way.

yell at those bad motorists who, despite all reasonable efforts, cannot anticipate your every whimsical move.

Uh, no not really.

I notice your generalizing as if your channeling Peel.

The area I'm in has gobs of cyclists and for the most part they don't cause problems. Even better when there are bike lanes so they're not forced to ride in motorized traffic.

I do occasionally I have some minor issue with someone who blazes through a stop sign when I'm about to pull into the intersection or some idiot riding down the sidewalk and jumping across traffic. But for the most part they're barely noticeable.

I run into far and away more problems with dangerous or self entitled drivers who act as if wherever they're going is way more important than wherever you're going and everyone just needs to get out of their way.

Also, riding a bike instead of driving probably makes a not-so-puny difference. I would imagine if everyone that could ride a bike to work actually did that it would create quite a difference in our fuel consumption.

I run into far and away more problems with dangerous or self entitled drivers

In all fairness, motorists in BMWs (expecially 300 series) are almost as bad as bicyclists. They both believe they're above the law/

Uh, no not really.

I notice your generalizing as if your channeling Peel.

The area I'm in has gobs of cyclists and for the most part they don't cause problems. Even better when there are bike lanes so they're not forced to ride in motorized traffic.

I do occasionally I have some minor issue with someone who blazes through a stop sign when I'm about to pull into the intersection or some idiot riding down the sidewalk and jumping across traffic. But for the most part they're barely noticeable.

I run into far and away more problems with dangerous or self entitled drivers who act as if wherever they're going is way more important than wherever you're going and everyone just needs to get out of their way.

Also, riding a bike instead of driving probably makes a not-so-puny difference. I would imagine if everyone that could ride a bike to work actually did that it would create quite a difference in our fuel consumption.

i beg to differ, sweet cheeks.

hey maybe you shouldn't toss out insults like "channeling peel" when you don't like somebody else's opinion. and it would be "you're" not "your" channeling peel.

i beg to differ, sweet cheeks.

Me too.

hey maybe you shouldn't toss out insults like "channeling peel" when you don't like somebody else's opinion. and it would be "you're" not "your" channeling peel.

Hey maybe you shouldn't make unfounded sweeping generalizations just like peel. I know it bugs you when he does it but you there you went.

Pickens loses $2 billion because he has to wait for oil prices to rise again

one reason I'm for Pickens.
He's got a big vested interest already in alt fuel. He's not following the market.
His stuff Will work.

I really like that guys ideas as well.

http://www.newsweek.com/id/174063

PROJECT GREEN

Enviro Economics

Despite all their promise, green companies are awash in red ink.

First there was the dotcom bust of the late 1990s, then came the real-estate bubble that's deflating before our eyes. Next up: the green bubble. Alternative energy ventures have received a lot of great press, heavy investment and lip service from politicians in the last couple of years, but many of the nascent green industry's balance sheets are beginning to bleed red.

Among the hardest hit is T. Boone Pickens and his alternative energy hedge fund BP Capital, which has reportedly lost some $2 billion. The Oklahoma oil tycoon who leased hundreds of thousands of acres in West Texas for a giant wind farm, has put that project on hold, saying he'll have to wait for fossil-fuel prices to rise again in order to make the project economically viable. Oil was at $48 a barrel this week, down from a peak of $147 in July. Another canary in the coal mine: the once soaring market for carbon credits in Europe has tanked, as manufacturing firms worldwide slow production. Even the once promising sector of corn ethanol has gone bust, with the American company VeraSun declaring bankruptcy in October and other publicly held ethanol companies reduced to penny stocks.

[more]

eh Pickens is smart, and he's got the jack.
He'll pull through and keep on truckin'
What he can't afford is to pull out now.

Back