Even dead people can't escape AOL

highwayman

I had AOL for a while several years ago and wanted to cancel, they gave me the same run around. Either there was no answer on the phone or their computor was "down" and could not cancel..

After two months of this what I did was change my credit card number and that done away with the charges...

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/bu...A0F7FD49EFA6565A862571BF006C005A?OpenDocument
Maxine Gauthier doesn't own a computer. She doesn't know the first thing about Web browsing or sending e-mail. She's not even sure where to find a computer's "on" button, as she describes it.

Yet for the past nine months, she has been fighting one of the most persistent and some say irritating institutions in cyberspace: AOL, formerly known as America Online.

"They just haven't wanted to let go," the 55-year-old St. Louisan said. "I don't think they'll ever really let go."

Her struggle has involved about a dozen phone calls often ending with an AOL customer service representative or manager hanging up on her. She even tried impersonating someone else in a couple of the calls. The giant online service provider wouldn't budge.

highwayman said:
Not any more crazier then the rest of us..

Now what did I do with those meds...
Stop takin' 'em. I did and look how I turned out.

Back