Ever been caught...

Could you please describe or ppost a pic of a malo? All I coudl find was something saying it is a piece of cloth worn betweenthe legs and tied around the waist. Also, what is the purpose?

*searching desperately for a pic of ku'u in a malo*

Nixy - that's pretty much what it is ... a long slender cloth usually worn by men by also by women ... the function is to basically cover and protect the genitals. I'll look around for a pic ...

hey ku'u - do you have any of Lopaka or Ulu in one? Wait! I think I have one from one of the MMs ...

malo. n. 1. Male's loincloth.

It's 6 yds of material wrapped around the genital area. Basically, a native thong 'cause part of it is twisted up the butt checks and tucked into place at the waist.

A young Hawaiian boy in a malo. That pic was taken about 8 years ago. He's 18 now, but hands off ladies ... he's got a girlfriend. :D

Attachment(s):

ulu.jpg, 23.70kb

50_1027472164.jpg

was that the night that he forgot to take off his socks? :D

hey Nixy .. here's a great place to go to see different kinds of Hawaiian wear ... and look carefully, cause you just might see someone by the name of Ku'ulei Higashi .. she's famous ...she's the official translator of Pualani Kanaka'ole Kanahele *nod*

http://www.pbs.org/holomaipele/

Professur said:
You don't need to rearrange much wearing boxers.

Well, that just depends. Normally, no, but if you happen to be, for example, watching some fine Hawaiian women doing a hula dance, the need for an adjustment might arise.

;)

Ya know, I just came here to delete the contents of that post (if I could) cause I thought it might be taken as an insult....that wasn't my intent. Glad you didn't take it that way. You know I love my little hula girls :brow:

aww pad baby .. you know you couldn't offend me ... the only thing that could offend me is if that smile didn't get any bigger ;)

Back