Excrement!!!!!!

chcr

Too cute for words
My 80 watt stereo that I run all my computer sounds through just took a big dump. Pops, smoke, the whole nine. :disgust: I have an old Sanyo 65 watt system that I run mixdowns through, I guess it'll be doing double duty now.

Inkara1 said:
Fully integrated stereo? Or just a receiver?

Brand? Age?
It's just a Mitsubishi power amp. I used to use it as a PA for solos in small venues. To be fair, I just figured out that it's 24 years old. The Sanyo is a receiver, but I don't know if it'll push the speakers. Try it and see, I guess, but not this weekend. Got my MS USB speakers running right now. Back up, HomeLAN? I never throw anything away. :lloyd: The stereo in my garage is an old 8-Track integrated system I had in HS. :D

HomeLAN said:
Dear God, I thought the last of those had crapped out years ago.
To be fair, it buzzes and pops when you first turn it on for a minute and a half or so and a lot of the old square pushbuttons (push buttons?) are gone, but so far it always comes on and picks up my favorite local classic rock station (or jazz if I'm woodworking. :) )

Inkara1 said:
My Concept 3.5 receiver is still going strong after 27 years.

Okay, how many times has it been to a bar and how many times has it spent the weekend in the van in hot weather? :lol:

It spent a few years in the shed in the backyard, through 110-degree days in the summer and a couple of 8-degree nights in the winter.

I have never not understood a thread so much as I don't understand this one :retard:

even chips and volts make more sense to me :lloyd:

Leslie said:
I have never not understood a thread so much as I don't understand this one :retard:

even chips and volts make more sense to me :lloyd:

He used to run his sound card through a stereo system instead of just to speakers...the system blew up/caught fire...nasty thing.

that's the bit I got...it all kinda fell apart after that :D

I was trying to pay attention as my computer sound is also run through the home stereo, :eek: but I seem to do better with car and puter threads I think lol

First, chcr stated his stereo went poof. Then, HomeLAN said what a lovely smell that is. Then I asked what type of stereo it was. He said which type, and that he has an old stereo with an 8-track player that he still uses in the garage. HomeLAN said he thought the last of those died out years ago. Then I pointed out that my stereo receiver, which still works, is older than his amp that just blew up. Then, chcr said the 8-track player hums and pops, but always powers up fine. He then asked if my stereo's gone through the conditions his did. I said not quite, but it's had some adversity to overcome itself. After that, Gonz chimed in with a joke making fun of the word, "excrement," after which I made fun of his making fun of it. After that, you posted that you didn't understand the thread. MrBishop responded with a post explaining that chcr's stereo blew up. You replied by saying you got that part, and didn't understand the rest.

Clear now? :D

Inkara1 said:
First, chcr stated his stereo went poof. Then, HomeLAN said what a lovely smell that is. Then I asked what type of stereo it was. He said which type, and that he has an old stereo with an 8-track player that he still uses in the garage. HomeLAN said he thought the last of those died out years ago. Then I pointed out that my stereo receiver, which still works, is older than his amp that just blew up. Then, chcr said the 8-track player hums and pops, but always powers up fine. He then asked if my stereo's gone through the conditions his did. I said not quite, but it's had some adversity to overcome itself. After that, Gonz chimed in with a joke making fun of the word, "excrement," after which I made fun of his making fun of it. After that, you posted that you didn't understand the thread. MrBishop responded with a post explaining that chcr's stereo blew up. You replied by saying you got that part, and didn't understand the rest.

Clear now? :D

Excellent synopsis, Mr. Inkara. :D

I went to school for journalism. It would be interesting to use the word "excrement" in the lead of the story, though. :D

Back