extramarital sex=first-degree criminal sexual conduct

Not likely. Wonderful idea that the cheating spouse would be kicked to the curb with not naught but their clothes & for a judge to uphold that level of accountability.

Yeah, as it is custody is decided based on what is in the children's best interest.

Spite and revenge could be a good system too though. :battle:

Well actually in California they default to shared custody and equal time with each parent unless it's proven that arrangement is not in the child's best interest.

Well actually in California they default to shared custody and equal time with each parent unless it's proven that arrangement is not in the child's best interest.

That is already not in their best interest.

If the parents are split up that is the most obvious best interest unless one parent is unfit.

If the parents are split up that is the most obvious best interest unless one parent is unfit.

Yep. Let's make sure that junior not only loses his/her family because of pre-pubescent ideologies but then let's make damned sure that junior has no place to call home, instead opting for temporary housing on an ongoing basis. Sheesh, how could I not see the evident supremacy in that?

Yep. Let's make sure that junior not only loses his/her family because of pre-pubescent ideologies but then let's make damned sure that junior has no place to call home, instead opting for temporary housing on an ongoing basis. Sheesh, how could I not see the evident supremacy in that?

Or two permanant places to call home with both parents very involved in their life. Instead of one parent being relegated second class status, hardly seeing their child, and being saddled with lots of child support which I believe they still do in many states.

Not likely. Wonderful idea that the cheating spouse would be kicked to the curb with not naught but their clothes & for a judge to uphold that level of accountability.

I did a little research, and found out that if you can prove your wife committed adultery then that can be a factor for the judge to determine who gets custody of the children. Although, that may not be the deciding factor...

Unfortunately, when our society finds these actions so meaningless, they'll have little effect on the courts. A mans (or womans) word is not valued as it once was.

I did a little research, and found out that if you can prove your wife committed adultery then that can be a factor for the judge to determine who gets custody of the children. Although, that may not be the deciding factor...

My son did that and they gave his daughter to the mom anyway. :shrug: I think the deciding factor was him being in the military.

Back