F150

POStech

I was in Saskatoon yesterday and the rental place didn't have the car I requested so they bumped me up to a Ford F150 4x4 crew cab.

Me want one! That or the Lincoln towncar I drove in Edmonton the day before.

How about a LeCar with a cracked windscreen in February? At least you can manually push it around the ice without too much trouble if it gets stuck.

I was in Saskatoon yesterday and the rental place didn't have the car I requested so they bumped me up to a Ford F150 4x4 crew cab.

Them you will need to upgrade to the F-250, this luxourious pick up has power winders, CD player, AC and an uneconomical 7.5 liter engine that passes everything but a gas station...

Don't have any experience with the F150, but I'm on my 4th Town Car and wouldn't have anything else.

The nicest rental I've had was the 300C (fully loaded). Man does that baby go! Can you say HEMI! Magnum is nice too but not with the V6.

The reason I liked the F150 is beacuse of the 4x4 and the height of the truck. Sure came in handy driving in the snow. The back end was all over the place before I put it in 4 wheel drive.

Them you will need to upgrade to the F-250, this luxourious pick up has power winders, CD player, AC and an uneconomical 7.5 liter engine that passes everything but a gas station...

Ford discontinued the 460 engine in the late 1990s after introducing the 6.8L V10 engine. In all honesty, though, the only time you would want an F-250 instead of an F-150 is if you really need the extra load-carrying capacity. The stiffer suspension makes for a much worse ride when empty... and it's heavier, which costs you at the gas pump.

Yes, I can say HEMI. Having driven HomeLAN's Magnum R/T with the Hemi... it's definitely a car that speaks my language.

What would be really cool is if I could somehow stick HL's HEMI engine in Unc's Lexus.

The seat in the Lexus fit my body better. Only thing is the sunroof cuts out too much head room, so I had to open up the part of the headliner that covers it so I could have my hair just about graze the glass. If I had the money and I could find one without a sunroof, I'd buy it.

Ford discontinued the 460 engine in the late 1990s after introducing the 6.8L V10 engine. In all honesty, though, the only time you would want an F-250 instead of an F-150 is if you really need the extra load-carrying capacity. The stiffer suspension makes for a much worse ride when empty... and it's heavier, which costs you at the gas pump.

No shit...

The 460 was discontinued in the states in 1995 and in Canada in 1996, to compete with Dodge when they came out with their V-10 in late 94 and 95..

Your the preacher speaking to the choir dude. My F-250 is a 96, and yes it was originaly purchased in Canada by the original owner. The reason I bought it in the first place was what you have said, to carry heavy loads a half ton could not handle...

Back