FCAT's, Anyone heard of these?

Mare

Gonz said:
I'm not trying to pick on YOUR son Mare, just the process in general.

No Offense taken :winkkiss:
I totally understand what you are saying! He was held back once in Kindergarden and "IF" need be I WOULD make the decision to accept him being held back again if I felt he desperately needed it, but in his case, he doesnt need to be retained, he just needs that xtra help.

Professur

V2.0 goes to public school, but I also home teach her. She went into grade 2 with the multiplication tables, and fractions already under her belt. Nearly every night (she's 8 now) I catch her reading past bedtime. If her public school would advance students at the rate their capable of, she'd have skipped at least a grade already. As it is, she's in a mixed class, with slower kids from the next grade. And she's leading the pack in the science based classes. Language will be her weak point, as it was mine.

Mare

It's that time of year again.....Yesterday was the 1st day of testing for the end of the year....Michael was more prepared this time than last....2nd part of reading test is today.
See how many parents get pissed off this year that their child may fail a grade even though they are a straight "A" student..... :alienhuh:

Winky

Mare said:
See how many parents get pissed off this year that their child may fail a grade even though they are a straight "A" student..... :alienhuh:

Kinda sez it all about grades don't it?

Winky

So what's the result?
Oh yeah these things take two forevers to come back don't they?